Barclayscard suppression of Charges

compilerz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading as many threads as possible before posting my thread looking for some answers.

I have a barclaycard that i am still paying for and despite my effort to discuss an arrangment with BC they just have add late payment charges of £12 + another £12 for being over the limit.

so thats £24 + VAT while i am struggling financially but still wanting to clear the excess but no one in BC would suppress the charges to help me pay the excess which is mostly charges!

Now i understand the CCA or Subject access but i am not entirely sure how can that help me to suppress the charges or even claim them back and if i do claim charges would they close my account or what would happen?

Please advise!

i hate BC!

Mark

so thats £24 + VAT Credit card chrages are not subject to VAT

Now i understand the CCA or Subject access but i am not entirely sure how can that help me to suppress the charges or even claim them back The CCA will enable you to tell whether the agreement is enforceable and the SAR will let you find out the total amount of charges to claim back

and if i do claim charges would they close my account

Possible but unlikely

Hi Compilerz,

If you only send a SAR for details of penalty charges, they are not likely to close the a/c. They like customers who pay late as this earns them charges.

However, if you send them a CCA request, they will reduce your credit limit to the present balance and then reduce it further each month as money is paid off. They are protecting their interests and stopping any further spending because they fear you will stop paying the a/c.

Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below. You can reclaim all penalty charges made in the last 6 years quite easily and without the need to go to court. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)