Housing Benefit -- Help please

shansejiyo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have become a mom recently and am on maternity leave (with maternity allowance) My husband is working. We have rented 2 rooms in a private accommodation and pay 160 ponds weekly rent. Our gross income is around 32 k (25k husband + 7k me) per annum. Can I claim housing benefit? I have just applied for the child benefit. Any other benefits I am entitled to?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sorry I shouldve mentioned this before. Housing benefit is now local housing allowance which varies depending upon the area you live in. At least you've found out that you're eligible now though. You can get an application form from your local council - get it handed in asap as youll get the benefit from the day they recieve the form once theyve processed it.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

If you click on this link you can find out the maximum amount that your Council will pay for the size of property you are in.

https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/Secure/LHASearchIntro.aspx

You really need to make an application no one on here would be able to tell you how much you are likely to receive without having to ask a lot of personal questions.

Hi,

I have become a mom recently and am on maternity leave (with maternity allowance) My husband is working. We have rented 2 rooms in a private accommodation and pay 160 ponds weekly rent. Our gross income is around 32 k (25k husband + 7k me) per annum. Can I claim housing benefit? I have just applied for the child benefit. Any other benefits I am entitled to?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You should be able to get a reasonably accurate indication as to how much HB/CTB you may receive by using the benefit calculator on your council's website. If your council does not have this on their website then you can use this. You will need to know the amount of the Local Hosing Allowance payable for the property type for your needs (not the actual property size), this information can be obtained from here

As soon as you get your Child Benefit number claim both Child and Working Tax credits.

• Haha 1

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.