style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a council tax bill and it went to court and the bailiffs was set onto us to collect the outstanding amount....

we paid the council the full amout but didnt pay the bailiff fees.....

the council gave me a zero balance for the account......

am i right in thinking that the council should have paid the bailiff his fees 1st???? and if the warrant value has been paid to the council, does this mean i dont have to pay the fee's as the council buggered it up by not taking the fees 1st.

how long does a warrant for council tax last for????

what should we do?

This is how it should work, the bailiff collects the money from you, once all the debt has been collected the bailiff takes out his fees first and gives the remainder to the council. If you have paid the council and the debt is clear with them then all the bailiff can do now is take you to a small claims court for his fee, thats if there is a fee to answer to. If he has made no visits then you owe him nothing. If he made 1 visit then his fee is £24.50, if he made a second visit then an extra charge is £18.00, this is where no levy is made of course .. hope that helps