Oasis Financial Dont Nothing What Should I Do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had 3 endownments and 3 years ago as didnt have any computer or link contacted a company called oasis financial for help and to claim it back.

To be honest they were shoddy, 2 claims have been paid out even though we dont think we got what we deserved, and one claim still outstanding from 2006??

They have called me a liar on the phone, i have had to chase this for the past 3 years, so i have put in a serious complaint asking why should i pay for a service that i dealt with myself.

They have looked into my complaint and advised that basically tough, and told me if not happy to go to the regulator, info'@claimregulation.gov.uk they say if i dont pay in seven days will add on 66.00 per week interest, I need to know how i can action a serious complaint as I dealt with it now them and need help.

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS dont know what letter to send them

janice xxx

or should i put in a complaint regarding the matter

I'm guessing that Oasis are one of those firms who advertise that they will help people get out of endowment policies by claiming they were mis-sold.

I'm also guessing that they will have a clause stating that they choose what offer to accept and you cannot argue that decision.

I'm also guessing that they take a percentage of whatever they get back from the insurer.

If the above guesses are true then when you appointed Oasis to act on your behalf you agreed to these terms and conditions. It may well be true that Oasis didn't get what you think you deserved, remember Oasis get a percentage of whetever they settle at, and they will probably represent a lot of people, because it takes time and effort to argue/negotiate a higher settlement it isn't always in their interests to do that, so it's not surprise that low payouts might be the result, after all they will be getting a lot of money in fees from their many clients.

So to that end I'd say you have no argument now, other than to accept what they negotiated and pay their fees.

Having said that the figure of £66 interest per week does sound excessive, whilst they may claim from you interest on any monies owed (it is a standard item of claim in County Court Proceedings), it is at a set % rate (defined by the County Court).

If we take a base line of say 10% per annum (which won't be too far from the mark) then for them to claim £66 per week in lost interest would be calculated like this........

66 x 52 = 3452

So if 3452 is 10% that would mean that you owe them a figure of £33,452 in fees.

If you do owe them £33,452 then yes they could claim a figure of £66 per week, however if the figure you owe them is much less than this, then what they are asking for is punitive damages and should it proceed to Court then it is highly unlikely that they would get this figure of £66 per week.

Just out of interest, how much are the disputed fees?

Mossy

hello there thankyou for your help the bill believe it or not is 1600 and they want 66.00 per week if i dont pay up in seven days, if only i knew before started the claim what i know now.

but we didnt have a computer then, and i didnt have anyone to ask at the time.

oh well i will put it down to a BIG MISTAKE

thankyou x

OK if somebody were to take you to Court for a figure of £1600, they would be able to claim interest from the date of the debt until you pay them, and the % rate is set by the Court.

To keep figures simple, I'll stick with the 10% interest rate I mentioned earlier, and I'll assume the debt is 6 months old.

1600 x 10% = 160 (that's one year of interest)

They can claim £80 interest to date (because the debt is 6 months old)

and they can claim an additional 43p (1600/365) a day until you settle the debt.

Anything else is punitive and wouldn't be allowed by the Court

Mossy