Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4178 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have moved into my new house in may 2007, I contacted Britsh gas with all my details including bank details. I then received a letter confirming all my details including direct debit details along with the amount which they would deduct each month. I checked the following month and guess what no money was taken out so again I called them and they apologised and confirmed it would be the following month the direct debit would start. I had another letter confriming all the details, happy days.

Unknown to me 6 weeks ago I get a bill from BG asking for £1,600???? They had not been taken any money out of my account, so now I have a great big bill for £1,600. I called them to explain and they said they would investigate, heard nothing, surprise, surprise, then another bill has arrived for £600.

Can BR actually backdate a bill to 2007?

Please Help

Emily

In this period, did British Gas send you any bills? If they did then they may well be able to bill you for the consumption.

You need to ascertain why no payments were taken - if they ever sent letters advising the DD had been rejected for any reason, then they are able to bill, although it is bad practise for them not to have contacted you before now