County court summons advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope I'm posting in the correct place and thank you in advance to anyone reading this & able to advise :)

Had an Egg personal loan defaulted on payments, they started to write then passed the matter on to various debt collection agencies. Eventually ended up with DCL who came to an agreement after I made a pro-rata offer (3 other creditors did the same). Sent the cheque for the first payment due in Jan 09 along with a covering letter asking for bank details so I could arrange payment by standing order. The cheque was never cashed and the letter not answered, so I sent a further cheque for the first payment and included the second payment with a covering letter including a copy of the original letter. This second cheque was cashed but I still received no reply to the letter. Sent the 3rd instalment to DCL with copy correspondence again and received a letter stating DCL was no longer dealing with the matter and to refer back to Egg (they did cash the cheque though). I then started getting harrassing phone calls from Fredericksons so I wrote to them and to Egg (including the 3rd instalment to Egg) enclosing the previous correspondence and asking again for bank details and who I should be paying. Then received correspondence from Bryan Carter solicitors stating I had made no effort to contact their clients and if I didn't respond they would insitage court proceedings. I forwarded them the copy correspondence so far and lambasted them for the overall unprofessional handling of the matter by Egg and their agents and asked again who I should be paying the instalments to. Wrote again to Egg enclosing another cheque for the agreed payment (which they cashed) asking again when this circus was going to end and who I should be paying. Continued getting harrassment from Fredericksons and aslo Bryan Carter I wrote to them further times but without including payment as I had no idea by this time who I was supposed to be paying & they kept saying I refused to make contact although I was writing and someone was cashing the cheques. I have now received a summons & want to clarify what I can do. Should I complete the acknowledgement of service and write to Bryan Carter asking for a copy of the loan agreement, if so what is the prescribed format for the letter requesting the agreement. The summons does not mention CCA at all just that '...the Defendant agred to pay monthly instalments under account number xxxxx but has failed to do so.' Any advice very much appreciated.

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

:mad: you beat me lol

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

no probs thats what maroondevo is here for :p:D

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

I have no experience of this, just happened to be on the signature of an old message I was reading. Hope it is of help, but I really am unsure and it's time for be to sign off.

Also look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

BUT DO GET UP TO DATE ASDVISE!!!

Happy reading. Post your questions up!

Best of luck

FX :)