DCA "Annual Statement of Account".... Has there been a change in the law that now requires that these are sent??

UnitedFront
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well as the title suggests, myself and many relatives and friends have received recently an abundance of these "Statement of Accounts" from various DCAs. Some for debts that are massively stat barred and many for alleged debts that haven't been heard from for years!!

I am wondering if there has been a change in the law that now requires that these are sent out? I ask because it seems a bit strange that I have virtually never known anyone receive one of these from a DCA and yet within about 3 weeks we've received dozens between us!!

Anyone know the answer to this question?

Cheers

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

aha I thought it must have been the Consumer Credit Act 2006 that was making them send out these details...... as we all know they would not depart with such information merely for good will!!!!! ;)

Cheers! :)

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Sending out statements is one thing....but what about the original CCA? :cool:

Yes quite!! But we all know where we stand with that issue... ;)

As for the statements..... they can send me as many as they like as far as I'm concerned..... luckily we all know our rights now!!!! :D

OOpps My bad!

yeah twas just wishfull thinking, i re read it!

Sorry folks

Edited by Blue Boo
Doh urrr ummm having a lucid moment

Blue Boo 1 - First Direct 0 :razz:

Blue Boo 1 - Global Debt recovery 0:razz:

Ongoing

Boo V GDR - Acc Disputed complaint made :confused:

Boo V 1st Credit -Acc Disputed complaint made:-x

What are the implications if they don’t send a statement of account out. Are they allowed to still collect?

I have several accounts and so far since Oct 2008 only BOS have sent one.

"CCA 2006:

1 October 2008 Action/Review

Post Contract Transparency Requirements;

Amend systems to implement the information giving process.

Be careful when drafting, it is important to get the statements/notices right to avoid delays in enforcing your agreements or charging/recovering interest/default sums."