UK debt being Chased in Australia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Skippy

You must take option 2.

Punishment by the Regulatory bodies is all scummy DCAs understand. Be thankful that you are in Oz where the authorities have balls and not here in the UK where thay talk the talk but have yet to walk the walk.

Go for the jugular.

Pie on Ear know they are stuffed hence their keeness to get you to settle quietly. Unless they offer you a huge sum of dosh or several tinnies of ice cold golden nectar then hang them out to Dry/Die

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skippy

You must take option 2.

I agree. If you take option 1, they win. They push people as far as they can and when they know they can't win they just pull out and no harm comes to them. They rely on the fact that a large number of people would simply give in and pay. That's why they don't mind making all these false claims.

I won't be happy until they have been punished for they actions. I would really like to see their license revoked and I will push as hard as I can for that.

Option 2 would be benificial to all, but you need to take your own situation into consideration first. Make sure everything is water tight though if you do take option 1.

My complaints are still standing though, even though they have no recourse on me now. I'm gunning for the idiots one way or the other.

About time these people where taught a lesson as long as ASIC et al will have the decency to take action. Which under the glaring obvious way these people have breached various laws and regulations they should do pretty soon.

I believe we may have a spate of similar calls to other members of the PFF very shortly.

Bodgit

Option 2 would be benificial to all, but you need to take your own situation into consideration first. Make sure everything is water tight though if you do take option 1.

My complaints are still standing though, even though they have no recourse on me now. I'm gunning for the idiots one way or the other.

About time these people where taught a lesson as long as ASIC et al will have the decency to take action. Which under the glaring obvious way these people have breached various laws and regulations they should do pretty soon.

I believe we may have a spate of similar calls to other members of the PFF very shortly.

Bodgit

the fat lady is on stage. i have just spoken to my lawyer. he has spoken at length to the lawyer at fos today. i have great news i can't post here.....

2010 is a great year already. happy to take anyones calls if you want to know more....

Pie and beer are seemingly on the ropes. it appears they want to reduce the number of fos complaints at all costs....

im feeling like a dog with 2 d*cks tonight... sing fat lady sing!

Skippy

You must take option 2.

Punishment by the Regulatory bodies is all scummy DCAs understand. Be thankful that you are in Oz where the authorities have balls and not here in the UK where thay talk the talk but have yet to walk the walk.

Go for the jugular.

Pie on Ear know they are stuffed hence their keeness to get you to settle quietly. Unless they offer you a huge sum of dosh or several tinnies of ice cold golden nectar then hang them out to Dry/Die

not sure about balls, but everything including a barbers is licensed here. so when it comes to renewal time.........

santas watching.... be good pls children!!!

Hi Greeno. From my experience - I lodged a FOS complaint and received an auto-generated email reply straight away (11/01/10). I then received a reply from P&B which although dated 11/01/10, I didn't receive until around the 19/01/10. Then received a letter from FOS dated 20/01/10.

The best bit is P&B included detail in their letter dated the 11th which didn't happen until the 13th - gotta love their attention to detail!

hi greeno

I didnt receive an automatic response either but I do know they are well and truly on the case, just wading through all of our cases I suspect. Some others have had contact made so now its just a waiting game till they get to us too. Rest assured though, they are aware and answering all complaints in due course.

Well, my application is well advanced at FOS and I think it's going our way. Can't say anymore at this stage.

Guys, quite simply the best advice you can get on this forum is to put an application into FOS. Firstly, it costs Pie&Beer $2K for every single application and secondly, if (when) you win on grounds of jurisdiction (and anything else you can think of), FOS have the power to wipe the alleged debt.

Great advice Goldcoast. I'd normally would wish you luck with your FOS complaint but from what I have seen they are really good and you don't need luck.

To anyone who hasn't filed a complaint with FOS, do it now. The process is simple and free. At least it is free to you, it costs Pie & Beer at least $2,000 for each complaint.

In addition to finding that the debt is unenforceable, FOS can also award costs to you and even compensation in the worst cases. If you have suffered any financial loss because of Pie & Beer this may be recovered.

If anyone doesn't want to submit to a public forum they can send me a personal message. We now have two teams of lawyers working on this and someone on the inside.

If anyone has paid money to Pie & Beer for a UK credit card debt after being threatened by them, please contact me to be part of a class action.

Well, my application is well advanced at FOS and I think it's going our way. Can't say anymore at this stage.

Guys, quite simply the best advice you can get on this forum is to put an application into FOS. Firstly, it costs Pie&Beer $2K for every single application and secondly, if (when) you win on grounds of jurisdiction (and anything else you can think of), FOS have the power to wipe the alleged debt.

i agree. i also have reason to believe the tide has turned against pioneer. fos is the way to go, then followed by asic one fos ruling is out...

Spoke to FOS and they said my issue has been received, accepted and escalated already. She wasn't able to tell me too much but I got the impression that this was unusual and had gone to someone high up. Then again I might have just been trying to read too much into it.

Thanks Newman - it's good to be back.

Bodgit's been keeping me in the loop but it's really good to be able to watch all this unfolding...and P & B's defence unravelling :D

Bugger Foxtel, I'm staying tuned to this channel! Or at least until the footy starts again...mind you, if the Sharkies start this season the way they played last year I may need to reconsider that too.

I have been following this thread with interest for a little while now.

Glad to hear (see/read?) that you guys have taken the bull by the horns with regards to this P&B mob.

One thing that has me concerned, - and please correct me if I have misunderstood.

1. The FOS in Australia is a voluntary scheme/code, and P&B have given notice that they wish to withdraw. (this takes 1 year ?)

2. Several Aussie CAGGERs have complained to the FOS about the behaviour of P&B and gained a resolution largely due to pressure from the FOS ?

3. What has been the outcome of queries raised about the defaults/negative info the P&B have made to Credit Reference Agencies ? (Veda?)

I suspect that P&B will get worse with their badly behaved ways once they are free of the binding rulings that can be made by the FOS.

4. For those that dont have the luxury of complaining to the FOS in future, what are the best option(s) they can use to repel the attacks on themselves (and their credit files) against P&B ?

Discuss....

Just trying to be proactive.

Edited by toto003