Barclaycard (Calder Fin) No contact since 2007!

girlie12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I fell into difficulties with my Barclaycard in 2005. After the account being passed to Mercers, I agreed a payment plan with Credit Solutions (agents for Barclays Bank) of a small £5pm pmt. They were taking pmts from my debit card. I also had a number of other small pmt plans set up so didn't notice that pmts had not been taken by them.

Looked at my credit file recently & saw an amount outstanding for BC of £5000+ & a default notice of Nov 2005 - I have never received a default notice (although I have noted that Mercers said in a phone call I was in default in March 2005) or any statements/correspondence since end of 2007.

Then get a card from a company called Calder Fin - I rang them & they said my account like some others had been "lost" for 2 years & had to resume pmts etc. They really tried to get me to start debit card pmts over the phone immediately but I said I didn't know them from adam so I wanted a letter. They also said I could pay off the loan in full for a reduced amount!

Received letter today confirming the debt amount & they will accept £25 pm til Xmas - at bottom of letter it says Mercers trading as Calder Fin.

Where do I stand with the no contact & should I send an SAR to Barclaycard/Mercers or Calder? Can I also stop their heavy phone calls in the meantime.

send a sar to calders re mercers, and also send this

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

and this

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Hi Girlie12,

If there are any penalty charges or mis-sold PPI on this a/c, have you done anything about reclaiming these, along with interest from BC.

As well as the SAR suggested by PGH above, you could also send BC a CCA request enclosing the required £1 fee. You'll get no credit agreement in response but this is a step necessary to put the a/c In Dispute.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Have had 2 seperate letters from Barclaycard

The first one is ref to Data Protection Act 1998 - SAR request

"Further to your request for personal info held by Barclycard, please find enclosed a copy of your statements you have requested.

If you have asked for a list of the default charges that have been applied to your account, I regret our systems do not enable us to identify individual charges in this way & so it is not possible to provide such a list. However, any such charges are included on the statements enclosed"

Enclosed are statements from July 2004 - May 2007. The statement in April 2007 shows my bal having lots of CHRGOFF next to it leaving it in credit. The final statement in May shows a nil balance all over it & that is it. No default notice.

The second one is - reference to the Consumer Credit Act 1974

"I write further to a letter requesting a copy of your executed agreement for the above.

The information we must provide to you under the terms of Section 78 is prescribed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 & by the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices & Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

Under Sec 78, we must supply you with a copy of your executed agreement & a statement of account which is practicable to refer.

Please find enclosed a copy of your latest executed agreement. This is a statement of the terms of your agreement with us & incorporates any variations to the terms made since you entered into this agreement. However, the interest rates have been omitted & the fees & charges have been suspended & are no longer applocable due to the current status of your account.

As your account is now in a recovery programme, further info relating to the current state of your account can be obtained directly from the Recovery Team or Debt Management Agency.

This completes our obligation to you under Sec78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974."

Enclosed is a copy of Barclaycard Tems & conditions stamped Feb 2004-Aug 2004 Students Visa but no agreement ( I must also point out that at the age of 45, even in 2004 I was definitely not a student!)

How can they now chase for money when statements only go to 2007 & show a nil balance?

What should I do now - I don't think they have sent me waht I should have had

Hi Girlie,

You're entitled to copy statements or a/c data from when the a/c was opened to the present. There's ongoing debate about whether BC are now destroying data each month so they only ever have 6 years' data available. If the a/c was open more than 6 years ago, any data they hold on microfiche should also be supplied to you.

Re 2007 to date, did you think there were charges added to the a/c over this time. If they closed the a/c and passed it on for collection, itis possible that there was no a/c activity after May 07.

Re the CCA response, this is standard and you should now send them an a/c In Dispute letter. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)