Talk Talk Nightmare

Smica
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I were contacted by Talk Talk a few months ago, and having liked their offer, we moved from BT to their services for our home phone. As my parents live overseas, I opted to pay 99 pence a month for cheap international calls. We recently moved houses, and asked Talk Talk to transfer our line over, which they did, except they did not activate the lower international call rate feature. Two weeks ago, our phone line was barred, and on calling them, we were told our bill was £700. This alarmed me, but it seems it was because of high international calls. I was then informed that Talk Talk was to blame for not activating the cheap rate option, and was told I would be given credit for all excess charges made. I didnt hear anything from them about having the call barring lifted, so I rang again. I was told my bill was £200, and would be rectified. Finally, on Thursday last week, I was told my bill amount was $490, and that I would be given credit and my line restored. My phone line was restored but as far as the credit goes, now I have been told I will only be given a £50 credit. And as for the calls I made, it was my fault for making a few long calls for over an hour, so I would have to pay for them. They insisted on having a 60 min limit on overseas calls ( a fact I was NEVER informed of in all my calls to Talk Talk). Now I am stuck with a HUGE bill and no idea what to do. No one in that company knows what to do, and I have spoken to so many rude people there too, including ome manager who I spoke to on my mobile, and who transferred me to my own home phone, saying he was transferring me to credit control. So, I was on my mobile, talking to myself on my home phone!!!!

Please help me!

Hello and Welcome, Smica.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum, where hopefully you'll get some help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert