Jump to content

Have I been mis-sold Orange contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hiya folks this should be a quickie


I agreed to a Business phone contract with an Independant dealer for £332 But I am actually being charged £347


I have had my tariff checked with another dealer who said that the previous dealer has done his sums wrong as he couldnt do it for £332 and £347 is the correct amount.


There is more to this story I'm just after whether this counts as mis-selling and is it a reason to get out of my contract



Link to post
Share on other sites

No - it won't be a reason. If there is an error, then the error should be rectified, by providing you with a bill credit for the amount in dispute (£15) but you would need documentary proof of the error and to seek the credit. Other consumer protection measures will also not apply here.


Also, your time to do this is limited, as if more than a few months have gone by, your opportunity to challenge late in the day can also be problematic. As it was the dealer who got it wrong, you need to take it up with them, as this is an issue between the dealer and the network.


Incidentally, your contract most likely does NOT specify tariffs or costs, therefore trying to use one to get out of the other wouldn't succeed. I'm assuming apart from the unexpected £15pm increase, everything else is as it should be?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Buzby


It wasnt until i saw your name that I realised it wasn this forum i had posted about a few months ago



An update is.


I had won a judgment by default(online) He then asked the court to have the judgement set aside but didnt turn up. He is now asking for leave(his excuse is he never received notification of his court date) and to have the judgment set aside again. This time he has been handed his summons.(Back in court tomorrow).

I dont have a problem with orange. I just wish i could cancel, the dealer gets his commisin clawed back and I will re sign with orange again


Maybe a mod could merge the threads

Link to post
Share on other sites
I thought it was familiar - :)


You should be close to getting a settlement - they can only hold off the inevitable for so long!




Getting settlement and getting cash are differant matters. unfortunatly

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...