Tesco challenge 25

Guest CaptJim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst many people ask many questions on this board, its a sad fact that occasionally people with the best intentions of answering posts, have to put up with arrogance and rudeness from those asking the questions and not receiving the answers they would like. This often happens with newbies like yourself who are not very enlightened in the worldly ways of good manners/conduct.:rolleyes: Your replies are quite rude. You also finish your last post with "judge not lest thee be judged" quoted by the THE HYPOCRITES.

How then can you make this judgement on 9th Feb quote "No offence, but I doubt that a birth certificate would be acceptable. Think about it. It seems that the stupidity inherent in this comment is corroberated by the rest of your post" without coming over as being a hypocrite

If indeed you are 25, although from your arrogance and immaturity I have my doubts, it just confirms to me that our education system in this country has been letting us down for the past 20 years;).

Dont forget ...its nice to be nice:lol:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If indeed you are 25, although from your arrogance and immaturity I have my doubts, it just confirms to me that our education system in this country has been letting us down for the past 20 years;).

Dont forget ...its nice to be nice:lol:

OK...I am man enough to accept where I have done wrong. Both the comment about the birth certificate and the comment about the expression of opinion which didn't answer the question were on the rude side at best, and out of order at worst. Sorry guys. I hope you accept this apology - I don't know who has been ****ing in my shreddies.

Lastly, you have insulted me by insinuating that I am uneducated and/or stupid. Nothing angers me more than that because there is nothing more untrue than that. Stating that somebody has made a stupid comment, and stating that somebody is stupid are two different things. You then wrote "it's nice to be nice" - something which I am now won over by, if I was not already. Maybe you should take your own advice and apologise.

You have my apology.

If my comments turned your attitude around then that's a good thing because most people on this site are only trying to help.

I hope that at some stage in the future you will also be able give advice and help to someone on this site, its actually quite satisfying.

Regards

Greigster:)

Thanks....I think I sometimes take the idea of being "frictional" a little bit too far.

It's nice that we managed to resolve this situation like adults, instead of taking it on a downward spiral.

Best regards,

Guy77

Actually, i did take offence to your comment to me, about the "Stupidity inherent in my post", but decided to let it go, as this site has been very helpful to myself and others and just wastes time and effort in arguing.

• 6 months later...

I am 26 years old, my partner is 31. We were refused alcohol (2 bottles of wine within our weekly shop!) at Tesco and banned from buying alcohol for 24 hours. My partner was paying, but they refused to serve us as I look under 25 and didn't have ID. They also told me I DID look over 18, but as I couldn't prove I'm over 25 they wouldn't serve me.

Since when does the law state that you have to look over 25 for the person who is with you to buy alcohol??

If you agree that challenge 25 is completely the wrong way to combat under age drinking, please search for and join Consumers Against 'Think 25 Policy' on Facebook.

They have the 'Think 25' policy there for a reason, most supermarkets operate this policy to help staff not make an error that could cost them there jobs and screw there lives up with a criminal record.

You won't get supermarkets changing there policy and don't forgot they don't have to sell it to you anyway. The simple way is always carry id with you.

The simple way is always carry id with you.

What if you have no I.D. This is not a police state so why should people be forced to carry I.D when going about their lawful business shopping.

Far simpler is to boycott supermarket alcohol sales, and go to your local off-licence, where they will get to know you, give advice on purchases, and generally act as if they welcome your custom.

Westmeand Fan

Re: Tesco challenge 25

They have the 'Think 25' policy there for a reason, most supermarkets operate this policy to help staff not make an error that could cost them there jobs and screw there lives up with a criminal record.

You won't get supermarkets changing there policy and don't forgot they don't have to sell it to you anyway. The simple way is always carry id with you.

So what you are saying is if I want to buy alcohol I need to carry my passport with me all the time or pay for a driving license? Just to get a bottle of wine or two in with my weekly shop even though I'm obviously over the legal age (so there is NO risk of a criminal charge to them which they admit!!)

No shop has to serve anyone, but really have a look at a lot of forums. People are being refused service because they've said 'hello' to someone they know on the next checkout, or got chatting to the person in front of them while they wait.

I'm not pretending I can change the world, but having the attitude that no matter what you do nothing will change isn't going to get anywhere. There are so many different forums and places people are complaining, all I'm trying to do is get everyone complaining in one place. It's a start.

electron99

Re: Tesco challenge 25

Far simpler is to boycott supermarket alcohol sales, and go to your local off-licence, where they will get to know you, give advice on purchases, and generally act as if they welcome your custom.

I agree with the above, but for us that means two car trips to two different places. Threshers is no longer!! lol.

• 5 months later...

In case anyone is following this thread, it looks as if Challange 25 will be mandatory under Scottish law for on-sales (pubs and clubs) starting 1 October. I am not sure if this applies to the off-trade.

Like many here I think Challenge 21 was quite enough of a margin of error to work in to ensure that you don't sell to the underage. I don't remember the last time I had to show ID but I do have to ID people as I work in a shop. If you are worried about whether someone is 25 or not they are not going to be too young to purchase alcohol legally.

I'm too much of a novice to post links but look for an article in the Herald entitled Row over handling of under 25 rule for pubs