• Tweets

• In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us] 1 defendant   Which Court have you received the claim from ? County Court Business Centre, Northampton   Name of the Claimant ? LC Asset 2 S.A R.L   Date of issue – . 28/04/23   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for –    (1) The Claimant ('C') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and opened effective from xx/xx/2017. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('CCA'), was signed by the Defendant ('D') and from which credit was extended to D.   (2) D failed to comply with a Default Notice served pursuant to s87 (1) CCA and by xx/xx/2022 a default was recorded.   (3) As at xx/xx/2022 the Defendant owed MBNA LTD the sum of 12,xxx.xx. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to C effective xx/xx/2022 and made regular upon C serving a Notice of Assignment upon D shortly thereafter.   (4) And C claims- 1. 12,xxx.xx 2. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from xx/01/2023 to xx/04/2023 of 2xx.xx and thereafter at a daily rate of 2.52 to date of judgement or sooner payment. Date xx/xx/2023   What is the total value of the claim? 12k   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, but amount differs slightly   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DP issued claim   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not that I recall...   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not that I recall...   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Yes   Why did you cease payments? Loss of employment main cause   What was the date of your last payment? Early 2021   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No   -----------------------------------
    • Hello CAG Team, I'm adding the contents of the claim to this thread, but wanted to open the thread with an urgent question: Do I have to supply a WS for a claim with a court date that states " at the hearing the court will consider allocation and, time permitting, give an early neutral evaluation of the case" ? letter is an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, if so, then I've messed up again. Court date 25 May 2024 The letter from court does not state (like the other claims I have) that I must provide WS within 28 days.. BUT I have recently received a WS from Link for it! making me think I do need to!??
    • Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Gazab -v- BC Platinum a/c

gazab41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok short update here had first demand calders same as the visa account battle in other post.

I sent same letter that had gone to mercers and calders for visa account and saterday 13th Feb I recived a new letter obviously a template however this one I thought a bit intresting because they actually quote OFT comments by a Ray Watson will post up latter as I must go to bed

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok first of this letter was sent to mercers the same letter was also sent to calders after various demands posted earlier.

[Your letter posted 2nd class mail on the --/--/--, and giving me just 48 hours to respond, was received by me today. (Remove the bit in red if it was posted 1st class)

As the "inhouse" agents for BarclayCard, you should be well aware that this account is in dispute and has been since (date account went into dispute).

This is what the OFT has to say about misleading statements

"Misleading statements to debtors

Sections 77 and 78 refer to supplying a copy of the ‘executed’ agreement within 12 working days of receiving a written request from the debtor. Failure to do so makes the agreement unenforceable against the debtor until a copy is provided.

Execution involves signing the agreement. If no agreement has been executed, it is impossible to supply a true copy of the agreement. Should a creditor supply a copy agreement, even though the debtor has never signed any agreement with that creditor, no indication should be given that it is a true copy or a copy of an executed agreement. To do so may contravene Regulation 5 of the CPRs and be an unfair or improper business practice.

The consequence of the debtor not having signed a credit agreement with the creditor is that the agreement is unenforceable except where the court orders that enforcement may take place. Where the agreement was made before 6th April 2007 the court is not able to make such an order unless the agreement was signed by the debtor.

Therefore it is misleading to state, when complying with a section 77 or 78 request, that the debtor has signed or would have signed (or similar) the enclosed agreement where the debtor has not done so. From 26 May 2008 such a statement will be a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPRs). Regulation 5 of the CPRs states that a commercial practice is a misleading action if it contains false information in relation to the main characteristics of the product (amongst other matters) and is likely therefore to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise. The product in question is the credit agreement and the main characteristics include the ‘execution of the product’ (Regulation 5(5)(d) of the CPRs).

Telling a consumer that he signed such an agreement is also a misleading statement about his rights and the risks he might face as covered by Regulation 5(4)(k) of the CPRs. It is our view that it is likely that a consumer will take a transactional decision to make a payment under the credit agreement or to refrain from exercising his rights under the agreement as a result of being misled about whether he signed it.

Breach of Regulation 5 of the CPRs is a criminal offence under Regulation 9 and can also be enforced under Part 8 of the Enterprise Act 2002. Under section 218A of the Enterprise Act, where an application for an Enforcement Order is made the court may require the Respondent ‘to provide evidence of the accuracy of any factual claim’ (such as a claim that a debtor has signed a credit agreement).

In addition, it should be noted that threats to take action that cannot be taken is listed as one of the factors that will be considered in assessing aggressive practices in Regulation 7(2) of the CPRs.

May 2008

XXXXXXXXXX

Head of Credit Investigations and Enforcement, Office of Fair Trading"

Until, BarclayCard provides me with the document I have requested under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, I am unable to assess whether or not there is liablity owed by me.

I trust I have made my position clear.

/QUOTE]

I then recived the following demand from calders on the 1st Feb 2010

calderexmsdw.jpg?t=1266296521

so again I sent the above letter to them the response this time is intresting at least it a final response now off to fos. any thoughts on letter bellow thanks

barclaycardfinalresponsepg1.jpg?t=1266296700

page 2

:!:thanks all also note the following points from earlier post

1. letter sent 22nd december states orig executed agreement has been sent to me. (not true only what has been posted above including terms and conditions for morgan stanley card with incorrect default charge for late or overlimit payments). and current agrement i.e(terms and conditions)

2. letter 24th November states Barclays only Legal obligation is to supply Terms and Condtions and as these supplied no longer in dispute.

3. Letter 8th October states Copy of executed agrement sent under seperate cover( only ever recived T/C)

Edited by gazab41
missed out useful bit

Gaza,

I think you need to read the following thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/240186-dissecting-manchester-test-case.html

In it you will find the OFT contribution that B/Shark refers to .

I believe that Ray Watson also went on to say that the Creditor shouldnt mislead the debtor as to whether they do or dont hold a copy of the original document.

B/Shark may well have provided all they are obliged to under the CCA1974 s77/78 request. However, to proceed to litigation they would need the original document and not just the current T&Cs.

HTH.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Reinforced as well by HHJW's Summaries para 234 whereby he specifically states that the original is to be provided at each and every unilateral variation of the contract from the date of inception (even if the thing exists at all). His judgement IMVHO gives no latitude here for them to keep coming up with "reconstituted" paperwork i.e. forgeries!

regards

oilyrag.:)

• 4 weeks later...

ok so as you can see need letter to send back to these people or pondlifes (delete as approiate) as you will see below they state they have sent orig executed agrement sent(never had this)

also state they only ever send t/c in another letter and even calder letter above asks for £120 not current amount being asked for I am so monies back unlawful charges so what now

. letter sent 22nd december states orig executed agreement has been sent to me. (not true only what has been posted above including terms and conditions for morgan stanley card with incorrect default charge for late or overlimit payments). and current agrement i.e(terms and conditions)

2. letter 24th November states Barclays only Legal obligation is to supply Terms and Condtions and as these supplied no longer in dispute.

3. Letter 8th October states Copy of executed agrement sent under seperate cover( only ever recived T/C)

Hi Gazab,

I see no need for you to reply to CSL, but it's your prerogative of course.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi all just looked at this again and am convinced Barclayshark have now unlawfully rescinded ac obviously they asked for £120 calders letter arrears orig dodgy default asked for £44.00 mercers

then imediate action notice shows outstanding balance at £"2383.33 dated 10/12/09.

then 48 hr notice asks for £2395.33 dated 29th december

Calders letter above asks for arrears of £120.42

CSL letter asks for £2407.33 again this includes lots of unfair charges with intrest should wipe total balance however i belive the whole account has been unlawfully rescinded by this last set of demands any advise should I just wait or should I send letter accepting unfair rescinsion thanks

• 2 weeks later...

ok today recived the following anyhelp please in what i should do next the house i live in is not mine and girlfriend does not want anyone turning up unanounced thaks all.

powerthreat.jpg

Edited by gazab41

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Power to Contact

Westmere Court

Westmere Drive

Crewe Business Park

CW1 6ZG

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

I am receipt of your letter, dated xxxxxxxnd, your ref: xxxxxxxxxxx.

This account is in serious dispute with xxxxxxxxx, the details of which are none of your concern. You must however read the later paragraphs concerning home visits and data protection.

TAKE URGENT NOTE:

I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR ORGANISATION, OR INDEED AN AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE EMPLOYED BY ANY ORGANISATION THAT YOU ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

THEREFORE TAKE NOTE THAT I REVOKE LICENSE UNDER COMMON LAW FOR YOU, OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VISIT ME AT MY PROPERTY AND IF YOU DO SO, THEN YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR A TORT OF TRESSPASS AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO , POLICE ATTENDANCE.

I also caution you here that should you ignore my request on this point, the actions of your representative(s) will happily be recorded either by CCTV or by telephone recording equipment – whichever is applicable. Accordingly I reserve the right to use any evidence of you or your representatives’ ignoring this request in connection with any actions that I choose to pursue, including media exposure.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

The areas of the OFT guidance which applies to you in this instance are:

Debt collection visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any third parties and credit reference agencies.

Please confirm that you have complied with my request under section 10 of the Data Protection Act.

If Power 2 Contact process or continue to process my information, then you will be complicit in the current breaches under the Data protection act. I am sure that Power 2 Contact will be aware of the penalties and fines involved.

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.

Yours

It always amuses me when they say they

"We have been instructed by our client to visit your address to collect the above debt"

They know they cannot do this without a court order. So how exactly do they intend to "collect"

Mug you ?

Break into your home and take your possessions ?

This is a blatant threat IMHO and they should be reported to the OFT.

Edited by citizenB
spelling

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Their response to the letter in post 62 will be, the situation you describe in Armstrong v Shepherd, only refers to that individual case, you cannot stop us from visiting you. We have a reply to that also.

You would think that they would learn the law surrounding their industry.

OK first I got a response to letter from post 62 which was sent 2nd class post marked 31 March and arrived on Saterday 3rd April 09 oh look for the mistake (cap1)

cslreplytoptc3rdapril.jpg

Edited by gazab41
missing bit

Also I recived the following special offer ?(junk) on Sat 3rd April as I am aware Barclaycard have unlawfully rescinded account on dodgy default and then formal demand should I just send CSL same letter sent to calders earlier and then the unlawful repudiation letter to barclaycard chears all.

csloffer.jpg

Their left and right hands don't know what they're doing.

:D

You could reply in the following manner. Check it fits your circumstances.

Dear xxxxxxxx,

I am receipt of your letter, dated xxxxxxxxxx and note its contents.

Your letter states that your door step collection service is just to facilitate collection of monies outstanding. I would remind you that this account remains in serious dispute. I have obviously rejected this facility and I am in constant contact with the xxxxxxx by letter.

You also mention, Section 2.12, regarding adequate notice of the time and date of any visit.. You must also note that the OFT guidelines are just that and have no basis in law. The guidelines say that any person intending a door step visit needs to make an appointment. No such appointment will be forthcoming, so your statement is misleading in my opinion. I have detailed the rest of subsection 2.12 below. Please take note of subsection f below. I have also added section 2.8 for your benefit.

Debt collection visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Cont:

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

You quote Armstrong v Sheppard as being dependant on each individual circumstance and refusal of access can only come from a court. You are wrong in this respect. I have the right to refuse access to my property and revoke licence under common law, to any individual or group, with very few exceptions. Your company and its agents, are not among those exceptions.

The law of trespass is quite clear and relevant extracts detailed below. Quite frankly, this is A level law and should come as no surprise to your company.

TRESPASS TO LAND

DEFINITION

Trespass to land occurs where a person directly enters upon another's land without permission, or remains upon the land, or places or projects any object upon the land.

This tort is actionable per se without the need to prove damage.

THE WAYS IN WHICH TRESPASS MAY OCCUR

1. Entering upon land

Walking onto land without permission, or refusing to leave when permission has been withdrawn, or throwing objects onto land are all example of trespass to land. For example, see Basely v Clarkson (1681) 3 Lev 37, below.

POSSESSION OF LAND

This tort developed to protect a person's possession of land, and so only a person who has exclusive possession of land may sue.

POSSESSION OF LAND

This tort developed to protect a person's possession of land, and so only a person who has exclusive possession of land may sue.

CONTINUING TRESPASS

A continuing trespass is a failure to remove an object (or the defendant in person) unlawfully placed on land. It will lead to a new cause of action each day for as long as it lasts (Holmes v Wilson and others (1839) 10 A&E 503; Konskier v Goodman Ltd [1928] 1 KB 421).

For example, in Holmes v Wilson and others (1839) the Ds built supports for a road on P's land. The Ds paid damages for the trespass, but were held liable again in a further action for failing to remove the buttresses.

Negligent entry: Example:

A negligent entry is possible and was considered in League Against Cruel Sports v Scott [1985] 2 All ER 489. The Ps owned 23 unfenced areas of land. Staghounds used to enter the land in pursuit of deer. The Ps sued the joint Masters of the Hounds for damages and sought an injunction against further trespasses. Park J issued an injunction in respect of one area restraining the defendants themselves, their servants or agents, or mounted followers, from causing or permitting hounds to enter or cross the property. Damages for six trespasses were awarded. The judge said:

"Where a master of staghounds takes out a pack of hounds and deliberately sets them in pursuit of a stag or hind knowing that there is a real risk that in the pursuit hounds may enter or cross prohibited land, the master will be liable for trespass if he intended to cause the hounds to enter such land or if by his failure to exercise proper control over them he causes them to enter such land."

Licence

A licence is a permission to enter land and may be express, implied or contractual. A dictionary definition is as follows:

"In land law, a licence is given by X to Y when X, the occupier of land, gives Y permission to perform an act which, in other circumstances, would be considered a trespass, e.g., where X allows Y to reside in X's house as a lodger. A bare licence is merely gratuitous permission. A licence may be coupled with an interest, as where X sells standing timber to Y on condition that Y is to sever the timber; in this case the sale implies the grant of a licence to Y to enter X's land. For contractual licence see Horrocks v Forray [1976] 1 WLR 230. See Somma v Hazelhurst [1978] 2 All ER 1011; Street v Mountford [1985] AC 809." (LB Curzon, Dictionary of Law, Fourth Edition).

If a licensee exceeds their licence, or remains on the land after it has expired or been revoked, the licensee becomes a trespasser (Wood v Leadbitter (1845) 13 M&W 838; Hillen v ICI (Alkali) Ltd [1936] AC 65).

This account remains in serious dispute with the xxxxxxxxx the details of which are none of your companies concerns. You have been refused permission and licence to visit my property, in notice to your company on the xxxxxxxx and I expect your company and your agents to comply with my instructions.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

Erm, the original creditor is Barclaycard, but they refer you to Capital One's Privacy statement :???:

How bizarre is that :rolleyes:

BCOBS

And the 'special deal' will because they can't back up their case in court :rolleyes:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're going to use the Unlawful Rescission letter, now would be the time to do so.

Or just ignore CSL's snot-o-gram.

• 2 months later...

OK today I recived the following letter from CSL and as having issues with photobucket will type it in full.

Balance £2454.29

Offer of Settlement

Our client has advised us that in order to bring the above issue to a speedy conclusion, they are prepered to offer a substantial discount for an immediate lump sum payment.

Settlement amount £962.23

Settlement Date 29/06/10

If you are able to pay the above figure by the date required, it will be accepted as a full and final settlement of the debt and our client will right off the balance.

Failiure to receive your payment by this date, will render the offer being withdrawn and the full outstanding balance will be due.

As they have not supplied CCA and Calders had already terminated after dodgy default what should i do know belive they have not got CCA hence this offer.

Did you send them the Unlawful Rescission letter.

If so, I think you should stick to your guns and let them fester.