Another one started

thebishop1978
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

Just wanted to say first off, what a top advice site. Stumbled across you whilst bored at work.

Well today after reading the FAQ's, scanning the Library and checking out posts, I thought I have nothing to loose.

In 2000 I moved to Holland and kept open my Barclays Current account. Unfortunatley (Because I am rubbish) I forgot to cancel my Orange mobile phone, and the kept charging me line rental.

After a 3 year stint on Holland, came back to the UK to find that my account was hugley OD for charges for unauthorized overdraft and bouncing the DD's from Orange.

Niave I took it on the chin and moved on. Since then, due to my former better half going back into college as a mature student, life got tight, and the bank did not help in the slightest. Bouncing everything, refusing an OD, Canceling DD's etc.

So today I phoned the 0845 7 555 555 number (Well the 02476 842099 number found on http://www.saynoto0870.com site) and got through to a ******* ********** from Customer services. I stated that I sent a DPA letter requesting all of my information from 1st of Jan 2000 to date over a month ago but have heard nothing yet. "We have no record of that Sir. What exactly do you want?" "Just my statements from 1st Jan 2000 for my accountant." I replied. "There is a £5 charge for that" which I asked to be taken from my account. "That will be with you in 10 days she announced and double checked my current address which was correct.

Just so I get things right, I am able to claim for the past 6 years from the date I send the first letter to them. Is this correct? (I have probably read it somewhere, but better safe than sorry.)

I will let you know what happens.

The Bishop

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks