former employer wants £20,000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope this is the right place to post?

A couple of years ago did some building as labouring work, the employer/customer supplied all the materials etc and were instructed by the materials supplier over the phone on how to fit them and this was relayed to me to do by the suppliers and the employer/customer - since then the material suppliers have changed slightly their instillations recommendations. The employer/customer has accepted the supplier gave them the incorrect information at the time but is holding me responsible and wanting £20,000 to replace the work even though in my opinion their is nothing wrong with it.

The work was done as labouring on a weekly wage, it wasnt a contract for a job in fact their was no contract at all and nothing in writing.

They now say they are going to take me to court to claim £20,000 against me, i dont know where they get this figure from as only made a couple of grand in wages, what should i do?

thanks

write back and state that you followed the installation instructions given and if these were wrong then they should contact the supplier, also if you are inlcined ask them for a breakdown of the costs etc, at the end of the day with no written agreement it is your word against theirs, also contact the supplier and ask for the statement you made above in writing

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

write back and state that you followed the installation instructions given and if these were wrong then they should contact the supplier, also if you are inlcined ask them for a breakdown of the costs etc, at the end of the day with no written agreement it is your word against theirs, also contact the supplier and ask for the statement you made above in writing

Hi thanks for the reply - in the letter my employer/customer acknowledges the suppliers information what they received over the phone at the time was incorrect but then go on to say legally it is my responsibility. unsurprisingly the material suppliers want nothing to do with it.

Hi thanks for the reply - in the letter my employer/customer acknowledges the suppliers information what they received over the phone at the time was incorrect but then go on to say legally it is my responsibility. unsurprisingly the material suppliers want nothing to do with it.

In that case they have shot themselves in the foot, sit back and wait for the court papers if any turn up, you have your defence in your hands kindly supplied by the person who is trying it on

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)