steven4064

Welcome Finance again

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3965 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am helping a friend (a young woman in her 20s) with a Welcome loan. She has just received back a load of bumph in response to an SAR. Here are the basic facts:

1. She took out a loan whilst working for about £2k

2. In addition to the loan the persuaded her to take out

a) personal accident insurance (why?)

b) life insurance (they said, "you wouldn't want your mum to be landed with your debt if you died, would you?" - :mad:)

c) PPI

3. The APR is shown as 64.71% (Have they no shame? censoredsmilie.gif)

4. After a few months, she had to leave work and Welcome agreed to refinance the loan

5. They cancelled the insurances but, get this, they carried the unpaid premiums over to the new loan

6. After a while they started the phone calls and persuaded her to make payments on her credit card (this is a cleat violation of the OFT guidelines on debt collection)

rantingsmilie.gif

Anyway, my view is that

1. the insurances were mis-sold

2. Welcome almost certainly got paid commission on the insurances which are not declared. This is a breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful. It may even be fraud

3. the refinanced agreement is unenforceable because the amount of the loan is mis-stated. They have told her there is no insurance on the agreement and the computer printout records them telling her that, yet the loan amount includes the premium. The fact that no commission is declared means that the TCC is almost certainly mis-stated and that makes the APR wrong too.

4 IMHO, they can got take a long walk on a short pier.

What does anyone else think?

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

I think you are spot on. The effect of mis-sold PPI basically nullifies the agreement on its own.

Without even having to worry about the multiple part agreement nonsense, which to be honest, I'm not too comfortable with as an argument, especially when the above argument is so simple to explain to a judge. Why make it complicated, is my motto.