Career Change - Advice/opinions greatly appreciated!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I am new to this forum but joined in the hope that some people might give me good advice.

I have worked in my current job since leaving school. I am on a good rate of pay with good perks, good working hours and a good non-contributory pension........

What's the problem you ask??....well, I am bored and brain dead and realisation is hitting home that if I don't do something soon, my retirement will be here before I know it.

I have applied for a couple of jobs in a field which I am very interested in, and was lucky enough to get an interview for one........and got it - but alot less pay!

Am I stupid and selfish to even be considering taking this post in todays financial climate? Should I be grateful I have a job paying a good wage? Or is life too short to be institutionalised in one job........(ps the only reason I'm on a good rate of pay is because of my length of service).

Thanks everyone.

Edited by Nitrode

you need to consider overall finances, not just wages.

take a look at your pension.....Have you asked your current employer if they are looking for people to take a vol. redundancy package ???

At the end of they day, you need to do what will make you happy.