• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dolly v Nationwide : * * WON * *

dolly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's hoping! Mind you I still haven't seen the money in the account as my on-line access has been blocked which is very naughty of them!

Mine too, funnily enough :o :D

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I see a trend! I have had a go at them about it but no response as yet. I said that I wouldn't stop my action until I have confirmation of the money and the access is restored. I can't enforce the latter but I can the confirmation. Still this is getting a bit ahead of ourselves for your thread but worth bearing in mind when you hear from them.

Did they threaten you with default notices too? They did with us and even issued one so that's something else I want confirming because it was included in the claim. I just told them they couldn't do that as the amount is in dispute. Do you know they came back and said "no it's not". I replied by saying it wasn't their decision and by the way I have just put it in Court which by my reckoning is definitely a dispute!

They have been rather naughty all round so do watch what they do and make sure about everything they say before accepting.

Keep the faith as I am sure you will hear soon. I know it can be agonising waiting though. (I was shocked this morning when postman walked past - he's not done that for ages!)

Not threatened me with default notices at all but when I rang to get my balance (as I have been locked out of internet banking) they said that there was a Tracer (?!) put on my account as there had been letters returned to them. I said I thought it was very odd as they have been dealing with me about this and had no problems.

The best bit was - she wouldn't give me any details of my account, not my balance or anything (over the phone). So I went into the branch and the same happened there and she was really snotty with me. So I got out the kids savings passbooks, both with a couple of thousand ££ in them and said I wanted to close them along with the equity ISA that I also have with them. Then she had the audacity to ask me why!!!!

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and the cashpoint machine swallowed my card!!!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Hope they do close it actually, save me a job afterwards! Although itwoild be quite satifying to go in and do it in person with that snotty woman!

This is interesting, as I was expecting them to a) close my account (or threaten to) and/or b) put a gagging clause on me. In the event, they have done neither. My account is still operating as normal, including internet access, and no mention of a gagging clause in the letter they sent me. Strange.

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

Claim acknowledged this afternoon.

Game On.:)

Hi Dolly,I have just checked my moneyclaim after seeing your posting and guess what nothing and nothing in post either. I wonder what system they have ie:take from the top of pile or bottom.

Oh well maybe tomorrow, jools

if you didn't know already I filed mine on the 14th as well

They only did mine after about 3pm today so you never know. Mind you, I checked it about 50 times a day!!

*** I GOT IT ***

Just phoned phone bank and it has all gone in today!!

Guy was really embarrased though and said I would have to close account - I just laughed and said 'Yeah, I expected it' and he was so relieved!

Brilliant!!!!

So off to the bank first thing Monday to close my account :D:D

Donation will be made as soon as it goes into other account.

Nobody give up. It is soooo worth it :D

CONGRATULATIONS WELL DONE FOR HANGING IN THERE!!!!! Your post has given me hope and the fight to carry on, well done (where are you going on your hols now? LOL)

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

You definitely carry on - they settled within a week of me filing my claim.

After I have paid off their negative balance, unauthorised overdraft (all made up of fees!) I have about half left so it's being squirreled away for a rainy day...and to fight the rest of them :D

All I can say is that I am buzzing - the champagne (well, Cava :lol: ) is in the fridge and I can't wait for the kids to go to bed. :D

CONGRATULATIONS

can you please fill our survey in :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Any advice for me??

Juicy

Get your moneyclaim in, sit back and wait for the money to go into your account :D

Mjanet - have done so already & will be delighted to donate when it goes into my other account.

Hi Dolly,

I am just filling in my Moneyclaim now!!!

Just a couple of questions incase I mess up!! What did you put in the Particulars of claims box AND in amount claimed I will obviously put my charges but do I add the 8% onto that?? And what is the solicitors cost?

Also does the claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act?

Thanks Dolly just dont want to put the wronf info in, I am sooooooooooooooooo worried about it.

Thanks Juicy

Will PM you now :)

Finally got my letter from Nationwide about my refund..weird letter I thought, no mention that their charges were transparent, goodwill gesture or anything. It just says:

"I'm writing following your recent correspondence with Charles Bacon in which you asked us to refund charges on your account. I'm now able to confirm that we've refunded £1812.15 and credited £120 to your account to cover the costs."

Then says if I'm not happy to contact FSA and a copy of their internal complaints procedure....and any queries to contact her.

Very strange, I expected some defence of their charges but nothing like that. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dolly,

I am just filling in my Moneyclaim now!!!

Just a couple of questions incase I mess up!! What did you put in the Particulars of claims box AND in amount claimed I will obviously put my charges but do I add the 8% onto that?? And what is the solicitors cost?

Also does the claim include any issues under the Human Rights Act?

Thanks Dolly just dont want to put the wronf info in, I am sooooooooooooooooo worried about it.

Thanks Juicy

Hi Juicy

I have spent practically all night (I am now tired, and panicky) reading through the different threads trying to find answers to exactly the same questions you have asked Dolly, please, please, please could you send me the answers to your question, I desperately want to start the ball rolling but I don't want to get it wrong.

Good luck with your claim.

Many thanks ALG

AG :p

27/07/06 ~ Nationwide paid in full £2477.39p

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks