BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Does anyone have any idea how these people gain the information they do? what databases are they subscribed too,

I am currently trying to trace My Ex, to enforce a court order granting me access to my little girl, but recieved a letter from both her & her solicitor tha she was not currently residing in the UK,

there was discreet investigations done through court sheriffs, but "ZERO" all was placed on hold as we can not serve untill she is at an address where we can serve her at ( contempt of court is the charge )

however within 10 minutes of speaking with a tracing agent, he confirmed she was 15 miles away from her previous address,

he also knew the dates she moved out, who moved with her, and many other things,

he also stated that he can suply an affidavit for court,

I did inform him that if he was looking at her Credit file this would give me dirty hands at court, and I did not want any possibility of this, he confirmed that they could jump up and down all over her credit file they would not find any trace of the search,

I decided to run a similar request to another tracing agent using the same information, who again confirmed they would search a persons credit file in a way that left no trace,

they just link the name + DOB ( I SUPPLIED ) with an address in the UK.

is this really legal?

and how on earth do they do just a search of name to address? I need to be squeeky clean for court.... :???:

Well we all have access to the Electoral Register and by law you have to be registered, although you dont have to have your name published, ditto Council tax although no one has (lawful) access to this.

You need to say to the PI that he should be able to swear an affidavit that he came by the details lawfully, but he probably did.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

You'd be amazed just how much data about ourselves we inadvertently give away each day just the simple giving of your phone number to some retailers will result in them knowing your full address & who occupies it.

As Information is power everytime you conduct business retail or otherwise data farming goes on. Go into the likes of Curries & even if your paying cash they ask for your personal details such as name, address, tel number etc why because they trade it such data is valuable

When you refuse they'll come up with all kinds of excuses as to why they need it such as "warranty" etc Rubbish as are all the other reasons they give. You can register the warranty AFTER you get home

There is also the 'gone away' data base which helps CRA's track people who depart their previous address without leaving a forwarding one The CRA Call Credit specialize in that one

The information is just sitting out there waiting to be accessed & when you first know how much, it's quite alarming.

There are many websites where you can pay a small sum & receive details of not only you (or ex!), your spouse/partner & anybody else at the same address but also information about the immediate neighbours. I know, I've done it & without the help of any PI, CRA or similar. It's a small step from there for a PI to make enquiries of neighbours, workplace colleagues etc. to discover how you like your bacon cooked in the morning! It's truly amazing what people will give away in everyday gossip.

I guess if you object to people knowing your info. you have to retire to a small island & become a hermit.

BTW, when asked for a postcode etc. in retail premises I always give that of a business that has got up my nose in the past or if possible, the head office of the store asking for the info. then they get all the junk mail they were preparing to send to you! :D

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

If I'm paying cash, which is more often than not, rather than argue I give them a completely fictitious name & address I even gave one store when buying a food mixer the name Mr 'Ken Wood' & the assistant never twigged,dunno how I kept a straight face:D

... I even gave one store when buying a food mixer the name Mr 'Ken Wood'

Oh, I wish I could come shopping with you!! :D:D

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.