Why don't people donate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An icon may be nice for someone who can afford to donate, but not so nice for someone who can't afford to, no matter how much they may like to.

The idea of car stickers is already being considered, so I hope there may be news on these soon.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think a bit of prompting would help....:)

could you not maybe at the end of each month as a reminder (for a day or 2) change the message under the avatars to a little flashing box saying something like "Has this site helped you this month? Donations always needed to keep us going!"

ive donated in the past but both times only when it was brought up in discussion on a thread.

im sure there are a lot of people who would give a little but just need a nudge every so often (like me) :D

I agree. But I think maybe a thread should be opened to prompt people to donate. How many of us are willingly to put a pound in a box/bucket when someone is collecting for worthy charities such as Cancer Research, Children in Need etc, etc. Open a thread, (with the link for donations in so that people don't have to go searching for it) and also ask for suggestions on other ways to generate donations, that way you'll always keep up the discussion and prompt caggers to donate.

Not a pot to p*** in at the mo but I'm keen to do something

Think a lot of us would like to donate a couple of quid a month by SO....just tried the donate link and its straight to Paypal with no other options

Can we not link to a page showing bank details so we can set SO up?

what about a NO COLD CALLERS AND THAT INCLUDES DCA'S front door stickers or something to that effect they would only cost 25/50p to print and u could sell at £2

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

putting bank details on a webpage noo thats too risky

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I still think CAG logo tee shirts or sweat shirts would be a good seller if someone could find a far eastern sweat shop to make them :eek::D

We could wear them to court to intimidate the other side :)

I managed a small donation on the 1st Sept & was delighted to get a personal email from Bankfodder on the 7th Sept.

How the site team find the time in doing all this voluntary is amazing and a godsend to us all. As soon as I am able to do some more donating I will again at the first opportunity...

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

putting bank details on a webpage noo thats too risky

Don't get that? Surely theres a secure way of controlling credit transactions only to a given account or how does anybody pay their utility bills by SO without the utility company risking fraudulent activity by displaying the account details on their bills?

An icon may be nice for someone who can afford to donate, but not so nice for someone who can't afford to, no matter how much they may like to.

The idea of car stickers is already being considered, so I hope there may be news on these soon.;)

It was just a thought as other sites use that method and it would only be pence, less than the cost most of us pay for electricity to access the net and the postage for letters that have to be sent after following the advice given. Even if it's only pennies, something is better than nothing to keep the site running and subscription free.

I like the T-shirt idea as well and perhaps iron on badges

because if companies put bank details on a bill that is 4 a targeted audiance i.e the bill payer were as putting details on this site its open to anyone

How the site team find the time in doing all this voluntary is amazing and a godsend to us all

Being Site Team is voluntary? :confused:

No one told me!

I expect to be paid! And to be paid in Bourbon creams, no less..

;)

Is there perhaps a way where a Cagger could PM a member of site team to get the bank details to set up an SO.

Therefore site team would be aware of who's asking, and the details would not be put on an open forum..

Just as our friend Cagbot is 'automated' could the bank details be sent in the same sort of manner?

Sorry I'm not a Techie so if thats a stupid suggestion I'll go and hide now..:oops:

Spam.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

agreed spam if the site team had those details we could then just PM one of them to get it set up

can we buy back the posts webby nicked? :eek:

Now that, is a novel idea:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, donated a couple of quid through Paypal... reasonably painless ..:)

Will try and remember to do it more often... so far It's amazing knowledge friendship and empowerment I've gained from this site and that's worth its weight in gold.. but still awaiting monetary gain.. hopefully by the end of the week I'll just 'owe less'..:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Is there perhaps a way where a Cagger could PM a member of site team to get the bank details to set up an SO.

Therefore site team would be aware of who's asking, and the details would not be put on an open forum..

Just as our friend Cagbot is 'automated' could the bank details be sent in the same sort of manner?

Sorry I'm not a Techie so if thats a stupid suggestion I'll go and hide now..:oops:

Yes, but some switched on fraudsters might still have a go.

Set up an alarm on your mobile phone on payday: "Donation time!" lol

May I also remind the good people on here who are so used to the decor that they might have forgotten that buying CAG letter stickers etc all helps (and you get something for your money too!!!) The envelope labels are pretty cheap.

Also setting up a CAG e-mail address helps too. ;-)

Site team have updated their signatures - it would seriously help if others would do the same, also ;)

Here is the sig :-

You can make a donation,

here! Thank you!

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Human nature being what it is,very few people ever think about or even want to voluntarily pay for something once they've used it for free.

Why not have an explanation of running costs displayed somewhere on the site in a prominent position. This could also include a statement that the site team receive no renumeration and that everything is done on a free and voluntary basis.

A breakdown of what this site costs to operate would come as a surprise to many as most people just think that everything that can be accessed on the internet is free.

Why not have one of those thermometer shapes with a rising level indicating how much towards the sites costs have been donated so far on a weekly or monthly basis?

...Why not have one of those thermometer shapes with a rising level indicating how much towards the sites costs have been donated so far on a weekly or monthly basis?

I like that idea! shouldn't be 2 hard to code should it? If programing a bar graph with a bulb shape at the bottom is 2 much, just use a picture 200 pixels high x 5 pixels wide and every 1/2 a percent towards the running costs for the month fill a row of 5 pixels.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar