Lloyds Credit Card PPI, get lost letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Just need a bit of advice.

I applied for the PPI on my credit card with Lloyds, after waiting forever I got my statements back and I submitted my claim.

It states, according to phone records I accepted the terms of PPI and I should now get lost and go to the FOS for consideration. I cant ever recall applying for this over the phone, as far as I am aware it was all done in branch along with my current account.

How do I go about doing this without the FOS and go directly to the courts. The letter is so dismissive and darn rude I want to face them in court and according to the letter, it is the final response.

Thanks to everyone

Stewie

PS: Is my old friend paint ball still around?

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

It is not difficult to take this to the courts but do you have all of the infirmation which you will need to prove your case. you cannot go to court on the basis that "you feel sure" that you did it all in the branch.

We can help you if you have the evidence.

Hi Stewie:)

This could possibly be a case of you having to phone up to activate the credit card (which you had indeed applied for in branch) at which point they mentioned the PPI for the first time.

This is what apparently happened with Mr Landy's MBNA card - although he has no recollection of the phone call - apparently this was why there was no mention of PPI on his CCA. MBNA said they had no recording of the call.

We put in a claim for mis-selling which was turned down by MBNA, but recently upheld by the FOS.

As BankFodder says, you need to get all your facts straight before embarking on court action. At least if you went down the FOS route you can always fall back on a court claim if they don't uphold your complaint - that way you have the best of both worlds, although admittedly the FOS way can be rather protracted!

Good luck,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Added something!

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi, thanks for those little gems of information.

I suspect this is why the information as per SAR was not returned. I made specific request for voice recordings.

I just find Lloyds are possibly the worst bank in the land with regards to customer service and wouldn’t mind just testing the water with them.

I will call the direct dial of the rep who wrote back to me asking for the balance of my information considering they mention I made my request over the phone but did not supply me with the voice segments or script.

The amount in principle is tiny compared to others, approx £200 ex 8% interest. Since the PPI put me into over drawn, hence being billed at 20% plus for this and over drawn charges. Surely that should come into my claim?

Stew

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

If you have a final response letter from lloyds I would maybe try the FOS route first. It may take a bit of time but when lloyds receive a nice letter from the FOS informing them they are "investigating your complaint" it may make them get their finger out. They will also be fined as soon as your complaint is lodged against them :D

If the FOS do not uphold your complaint you can always then go the court route, however if you go to court first and fail you cannot then try to use the FOS. So maybe better to try with your complaint first.

Good luck!!! I've been trying for two and a half years to get the info out of lloyds for my PPI, still nothing....

We are now in the hands of the FOS ;-)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement