Problem with LA Fitness / NuYuu

happymittens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems 'Ben' has given up trying to explain away / excuse any problems.

You should be aware that the Terms & Conditions say "No refunds under any circumstances".

Edited by Conniff

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems 'Ben' has given up trying to explain away / excuse any problems.

You should be aware that the Terms & Conditions say "No refunds under any circumstances".

Coniff, I have not given up anything. Your implication that I am not who I say I am by using quotes around my name is rather silly as my name is plastered all over our website. As someone who is not a customer of nuyuu, who comments on things about my business that you have no first hand experience of - I have nothing to respond to. If you ever become a customer, or have a question about a specific thing concerning your own membership, I will be happy to speak to you directly rather than anonymous posts on a forum. You know my name, I don't know yours.

The quotes are just a highlight not an implication. I know you have used your real name, as you say it is on your site.

Surely I don't have to be a member to justify a response. I did ask twice where the Privacy policy is as it is not under the button marked Privacy policy.

My name is as shown.

My interest is in upfront and fair terms and conditions commensurate with a successfull business.

• 1 month later...

So there we have it, a few enquiries about customers but nothing tangible to show that any action was taken.

Use of your information

You have a right to know how we will use your personal information. It is important for you to understand our Privacy Policy before continuing.

Despite the above, and saying it is 'important, there's still 'no' privacy policy.

You may also terminate your membership on one month’s notice at any time after the Initial Period (term of contract), but your notice shall only take affect on the first day of the month following our receipt of your notice.

So if you give notice on the 2nd of a month, your notice does not start until the 1st of the next month, so you should be aware that you are not being able to give one months notice as indicated but are being ripped off for up to one whole extra month.

We accept no responsibility for accident, injury, illness or misadventure caused to or suffered by members or guests on the Club premises howsoever caused
- oh look, a cop out even if one of their machines fail and breaks your leg.

We may alter these Terms and Conditions and the membership Rules. If we do so, we will give you 1 week’s notice.

If we implement an Annual Price increase of greater than 2% we will endeavour to give you 30 days notice.

We may from time to time review and revise the amount and structure of membership fees and we will give you 10 days notice of any change

We may at our discretion amend the opening hours of the Club. Where it is reasonable to do so we will endeavour to give you 1 week's notice of such a change, unless the change is temporary.

There is nothing that say if the Terms and Conditions are changed, you have the right to terminate your contract even if the opening hours are no longer suitable to you and you can no longer use the facilities because of the opening hours change, you do not have the automatic right to cancel.

I understand that ALL membership fees are non-refundable

So it's ok for them to not make a refund but if you are late with a payment charge you £20 and if claimed you have not given sufficient notice to add £40 to what is claimed you still owe them.

Edited by Conniff

• 1 month later...
Hi there

nuyuu does not 'steal' money from our customers, if you have had a payment go through that you don't believe is due - there will be a valid explanation and solution for this. Please contact us at [email protected] and I will happily do what I can to resolve this for you. We are open and honest and will do everything we can to deal with your complaint quickly.

Regards

Ben

Actually I have been battling with Newbury Nuyuu since february to firstly cancel my contract and secondly refund money taken out of my account after cancellation which was admitted by the staff has happened and they couldn't offer an explanation as to why.

I am totally fed up of this, I am being run in circles and never get a response.

Ther latest excuse is

Hi Abigail

I am so sorry you are still waiting for a refund.

We are changing over membership systems at the moment and there have been some problems in refunding and collecting money, I realize this is not your problem and will try to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Please accept my apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Joann Davis

General Manager

Since apparently forgetting that I cancelled my contract in february so I had to pay another month between march and april (30 days notice) then you taking money out of my account STILL from may AND june is horrendous for it to be nearly august and I have still not recieved neither my money nor a real explanation or a date when I will recieve it back.

Edited by Decarix

Don't mess with them any longer Abigail, send them a recorded delivery letter headed Letter Before Action and give them 10 days in which to refund the money wrongly taken plus the 8% statutory interest you are entitled to and end the letter that no further correspondence will be entered into and you will make a claim in the small claims court.

You can make a claim online - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome - and it will cost you about £35 which you also claim back from them.

Edited by Conniff

Actually I have been battling with Newbury Nuyuu since february to firstly cancel my contract and secondly refund money taken out of my account after cancellation which was admitted by the staff has happened and they couldn't offer an explanation as to why.

I am totally fed up of this, I am being run in circles and never get a response.

Ther latest excuse is

Hi Abigail

I am so sorry you are still waiting for a refund.

We are changing over membership systems at the moment and there have been some problems in refunding and collecting money, I realize this is not your problem and will try to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Please accept my apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Joann Davis

General Manager

Since apparently forgetting that I cancelled my contract in february so I had to pay another month between march and april (30 days notice) then you taking money out of my account STILL from may AND june is horrendous for it to be nearly august and I have still not recieved neither my money nor a real explanation or a date when I will recieve it back.

Dear Abigail

I am sorry to hear about your problem with your membership. Please contact me directly at [email protected] with your details, I will give you a call to help you sort this out. I can't always promise we won't make mistakes, but we will do our best to sort them out. Its a shame that I hear about your complaint through a website - rather than directly when I can help you out. The above email is readily available on our website for customers who have any issues or questions. Please get in touch and I will rectify this immediately for you.

Kind regards

Ben

Dear Abigail

I am sorry to hear about your problem with your membership. Please contact me directly at [email protected] with your details, I will give you a call to help you sort this out. I can't always promise we won't make mistakes, but we will do our best to sort them out. Its a shame that I hear about your complaint through a website - rather than directly when I can help you out. The above email is readily available on our website for customers who have any issues or questions. Please get in touch and I will rectify this immediately for you.

Kind regards

Ben

Its a shame that I hear about your complaint through a website....

Actually I have been battling with Newbury Nuyuu since february

In an earlier post you reckoned you were on top of things, well this just proves the point that either you knew or you haven't a clue what your staff are up to.

I agree it's a shame that someone has to come to a forum in an attempt to get some recourse. Get on top of your company and sort them out or sort yourself out.

I am pleased to say Ben did contact me directly and very promptly telling me a payment would be made by monday at the latest.

This is the kind of customer service I would have liked to have seen from the start and do not understand why the rest of the company cannot follow in his footsteps.

Ben - as you did not leave a contact number I cannot call you back but would like to thank you for your support and I am very happy with how you have handled my complaint. Thank you

It should never have got this far Dacarix. That the owner has to sort things out shows either slovenly management, lack of staff directive or a general couldn't care less attitude by the organisation.

• 2 months later...

Check the contract you signed or ask for a copy. Every Gym I have ever joined has explicitly said on the contract that minimum 30 days notice is required for them to cancel an account so you must pay for an extra month, regardless of whether you are even able to attend the gym at all that month.

• 4 weeks later...