Problem with LA Fitness / NuYuu

happymittens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I prefer Fitness First, I went to LA Fitness on Wednesday for there 3 free day pass, the sales team are really forceful. I personally wouldn't join LA Fitness. The equipment is outdated and the changing rooms are horrendous there is no privacy you only have 1 changing room that allows you to get dressed in private. And as for the Steam room, Sauna and Jacuzzi (it's not very considerate) unisex facilities. Don't get me wrong the only advantage LA Fitness have over fitness first is the jacuzzi, but other than that after reading these comments and actually going to there I'll stick to Fitness First :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I went to join as a trial in Newbury at the end of January 2010, my wife used her debit card to pay for one yes one months no contract fee.

She called today me telling me that NuYuu had set up a direct debit using her card details needless to say I was furious as I had decided not to join based on the fact that no new equipment has arrived as promised and I have seen no improvement since I was an LA fitness member around two years ago which I also cancelled.

Has anyone got the head office address, it seems that emails are unanswered and telephone calls go in an endless loop and do not get answered either.

Just been back to NuYuu in Newbury, the staff tell me that they do not have a head office to make a complaint and nocontact person, Sorry they do have managers but I was told they are out of the country, I am really dissapointed with this they promised so much but have delivered nothing but grief.

Hi Samba. I had the exact same problem trying to contact them. Left messages, nobody got back. And the staff at the gym didn't have contact details either. I did get emails back from the MD, but in the end I decided letters sent by recorded delivery were the answer, and that seemed to work. Keep copies of all letters. Good luck.

Hi happymittens,

MD contacted me with polite email informing me of an error with LA fitness computers. And also gave me the address in London.

Nuyuu Fitness Ltd

5th Floor, Suite B

63 St Mary Axe

London

EC3A 8AA

Whilst I am happy with the response and apology, I was not pleased that my details are on some LA fitness database when I have nothing to do with them. Will probably send a letter so I have some formal response.

This has left a bitter taste when joining Gym's and if I had any advice it would be to allow cash or card payments as well. I would have happily paid more for one two, or three months membership rather than an annual membership by direct debit.

I for one only prefer the Gym in the winter which is why I have always opted out of direct debits.

I now work abroad and LAFitness refused to cancel my membership, I had to pay for the 5 months that I couldn't use the gym. The direct debit was cancelled after the final 12th month payment and now that LAF has become NUYUU Fitness, the direct debit was re-instated and another payment was illegally removed from my account. After several phonecalls to the bank, it transpires that unless the company (LAF/ NUYUU) cancels it with their own bank, it will continue to be re-instated every time it is cancelled!!!

BEWARE, keep an eye on your bank account!

Forget the website contact details, they hang up on you!

The phone number that the bank gave me is 02077 438686.

The address is NUYUU Fitness Ltd, Grosvenor St, London, W1K 4QL.

I was promised a refund within the next 3 working days.

Hopefully, this will be the end of it.........!

Hi happymittens,

MD contacted me with polite email informing me of an error with LA fitness computers. And also gave me the address in London.

Nuyuu Fitness Ltd

5th Floor, Suite B

63 St Mary Axe

London

EC3A 8AA

Whilst I am happy with the response and apology, I was not pleased that my details are on some LA fitness database when I have nothing to do with them. Will probably send a letter so I have some formal response.

This has left a bitter taste when joining Gym's and if I had any advice it would be to allow cash or card payments as well. I would have happily paid more for one two, or three months membership rather than an annual membership by direct debit.

I for one only prefer the Gym in the winter which is why I have always opted out of direct debits.

That's odd, as that's not the address I was given!

I now work abroad and LAFitness refused to cancel my membership, I had to pay for the 5 months that I couldn't use the gym. The direct debit was cancelled after the final 12th month payment and now that LAF has become NUYUU Fitness, the direct debit was re-instated and another payment was illegally removed from my account. After several phonecalls to the bank, it transpires that unless the company (LAF/ NUYUU) cancels it with their own bank, it will continue to be re-instated every time it is cancelled!!!

BEWARE, keep an eye on your bank account!

Forget the website contact details, they hang up on you!

The phone number that the bank gave me is 02077 438686.

The address is NUYUU Fitness Ltd, Grosvenor St, London, W1K 4QL.

I was promised a refund within the next 3 working days.

Hopefully, this will be the end of it.........!

Yes, that looks like the address I was given. Hope you get your refund!

Gyms are so much hassle. I don't think I'll join one again. Would rather pay as i go, and keep control of it myself.

The address and phone number were given to me by my bank. I spoke directly to a surprised young man who said that they looked after the NUYUU account. Could be an agency! Perhaps I was fobbed off???

I would have thought the company would have had to give accurate details when dealing with banks???

Some things for you to mull over.

Statutory Instrument 1999 No. 2083

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

(h) automatically extending a contract of fixed duration where the consumer does not indicate otherwise, when the deadline fixed for the consumer to express his desire not to extend the contract is unreasonably early;

I would say that takes care of the having to give 3 months notice at the end of an initial 12 month contract or having to pay 3 months at the end of the 12 month contract.

(i) irrevocably binding the consumer to terms with which he had no real opportunity of becoming acquainted before the conclusion of the contract;

That should take care of not having a contract to read at signup.

(j) enabling the seller or supplier to alter the terms of the contract unilaterally without a valid reason which is specified in the contract;

(k) enabling the seller or supplier to alter unilaterally without a valid reason any characteristics of the product or service to be provided;

No more swimming pool, oh dear.

The Regulations provide that an unfair term is one which has not been individually negotiated and which, contrary to the requirement of good faith, causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations under the contract to the detriment of the consumer.

Dunno if it's of any use to anyone here.

Hi,

I went to join as a trial in Newbury at the end of January 2010, my wife used her debit card to pay for one yes one months no contract fee.

She called today me telling me that NuYuu had set up a direct debit using her card details needless to say I was furious as I had decided not to join based on the fact that no new equipment has arrived as promised and I have seen no improvement since I was an LA fitness member around two years ago which I also cancelled.

Has anyone got the head office address, it seems that emails are unanswered and telephone calls go in an endless loop and do not get answered either.

Hi, would just like to confirm the facts regarding your comments. Nuyuu only provides a joining process through our website, it does not involve Sales teams, or Manual Membership agreements. To this end, it would have been impossible to join nuyuu without agreeing to a Direct Debit mandate. As well as this, you receive a Welcome email (when an accurate email address is given) that confirms the terms and conditions, type of membership and details that you joined up for. If there was any issue and it wasn't what you thought it was - a member could then contact us to make the necessary correct changes.

We set this system up this way to ensure that there is complete transparency and honesty in how we operate as a Brand.

As the MD, I can assure you that Nuyuu takes seriously the financial transparency and service of our members.

Many problems we have had have related to the issues that you can see at the beginning of this forum and conversation. The Newbury club was again sourced from LA fitness, and we encountered a similiar issue around the quality and accuracy of the data that we received.

If you have any other questions, please contact me directly on [email protected] (freely available on our website).

There should be no issues contacting any of the Directors as you can see on the website we have a number of contact methods available.

Regards

Ben

Hi happymittens,

Nuyuu Fitness Ltd

5th Floor, Suite B

63 St Mary Axe

London

EC3A 8AA

Dear Samba

Could I just confirm that for us or LA fitness to have your details, you will have had to have been a member of either company previously.

Nuyuu provides three types of membership options including Annual 12 month memberships, No Contract Direct Debit memberships (which can be canceled at anytime with 30 days notice), and Short Term cash paid memberships. We are the only company in the country that offers such a broad and transparent range of membership options.

As such, the terms of the membership that you are buying are clearly displayed during the buying process, and confirmed as well during the Welcome email.

If I am made aware of any instances of a break down in this process, I will move swiftly to ensure it is fixed.

Regards

Ben

Dear Feckenhamster

I believe that as MD I apologised personally for this mistake that was made. Nuyuu can only work on the basis of the database quality that we received from LA fitness. When a mistake is made and the data resulted in a Direct Debit withdrawel being made - we act very swiftly to rectify the situation.

It is not intentional and unfortunately with IT systems mistakes do occur, which we will always do our best to fix immediately.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience to you.

Regards

Ben

Dear Feckenhamster

I believe that as MD I apologised to you personally regarding this mistake previously. Unfortunately the quality of the data we received from LA fitness meant that a few mistakes like this occurred.

Nuyuu believes in transparency and honesty and as such will move swiftly to ensure that any mistakes are rectified swiftly.

Again, my sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

Regards

Ben

Dear Feckenhamster

I believe that as MD I apologised to you personally regarding this mistake previously. Unfortunately the quality of the data we received from LA fitness meant that a few mistakes like this occurred.

Nuyuu believes in transparency and honesty and as such will move swiftly to ensure that any mistakes are rectified swiftly.

Again, my sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

Regards

Ben

Hi Conniff

I apologise but I am not aware of any interaction you have had with my company and therefore on what basis your making these comments / assumptions?

If you have any specific case concerning your self that you would like to discuss - I am more than happy to help out.

Regards

Ben

Your website states:

You have a right to know how we will use your personal information. It is important for you to understand our Privacy Policy before continuing.

But the link only leads to the T&Cs. When will the 'Privacy Policy' be published?

Are the fees only taken on a monthly basis irrespective of the length of time you sign up for?

Edited by Conniff

Conniff,

Sorry, your quote above is unclear. All terms and conditions are available to be read by a member when buying, as well as when they join they receive a confirmation email with a copy of all the information that they agreed to and their terms.

Our memberships are sold on 3 different levels, Annual 12 month Direct Debit agreements, Month to Month Direct debit agreements with no Contract, and Short Term Paid in Full memberships with no contract.

Many thanks

The Terms and Conditions are available, but there is 'no' Privacy Policy' although it gives a link to 'Privacy Policy'. Clicking that link takes you to the Terms and Conditions and not the Privacy Policy.

I understand the rest thank you.

I wouldn't mind the courtesy of a reply as to where the 'privacy policy' is.

Hi Ben,

You stated:

"As such, the terms of the membership that you are buying are clearly displayed during the buying process, and confirmed as well during the Welcome email."

This was not the case when I signed up after more investigation I tried to sign up for NuYuu fitness on line as an anonymous user.

When signing up I realised that the questions I was being asked on line were the same as your employee was asking me which they were obviously using the on line system behind the desk (which I could not see).

So no it was not made clear to that I was signing up for a direct debit mandate in fact on two occasions I asked the employee if I was signing up for direct debit and the reply was NO.

Unless another direct debit mysteriously appears then I am satisfied with the outcome of my compaint and if NuYuu can get rid of the LA Fitness culture and are fair with complaints then I can see no reason why your new venture should not be a success.

My colleagues also tell me that Newbury is now receiving new equipment and the place is looking good.

Samba