4 months into BR - How it's been so far

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, were you all named in your local papers when you took bankruptcy? I am seriously thinking about it. I am 2 years 6 months into my IVA and starting to really struggle now. But so scared of people knowing i go bankrupts. I also work for Royal Mail will it affect that? Last thing i wanna do is lose my job.

And congrats to you all, I hope one day i can also be free of debt.

I can't see how this will affect your job with RM.

Recently the law has been altered and since 1st October BR's no longer need to be advertised in the local press. They will still be advertised in the London Gazzette but it is unlikely that friends and relatives will be searching on there for you.

are you saying a debt that was included in you br petition is still being collected upon?

forgive me if i am reading this wrong.

regards

out of cash

Yes that's right. The council have the right to come after you even if you are declared BR; but after some advice, from the forum, and with the backing of my MP and a solicitor I will be going down the 'provable debt' route.

'I'm Tyrannosaurus Gally, and I'll have any financial institution for breakfast!'

• 4 months later...

Thank you to all of you who previously gave me advice & support - greatly appreciated. Well the deed is done. I have been declared bankrupt. I have my OR interview in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it. OR seemed very stern when I spoke to her. I'm NOT looking forward to it in the slightest. I still feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.

It's awful and I really hope that I can soon breathe a sigh of relief!

Thank you to all of you who previously gave me advice & support - greatly appreciated. Well the deed is done. I have been declared bankrupt. I have my OR interview in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it. OR seemed very stern when I spoke to her. I'm NOT looking forward to it in the slightest. I still feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.

It's awful and I really hope that I can soon breathe a sigh of relief!

i went bankrupt in 2005,my OR was marvellous,i like you was really not looking forward to my phone interview,but it was nothing to worry about in the end. if i had a problem she was only a phone call away,

i had a problem with 1 company that kept insisting on "selling on" my "debt" to 5 debt collectors!!

the OR,when i informed her,took the details of the 5 dcr's,and then told me to "have fun",i asked her wot she meant,

i rang them, and "had fun" (hehehe),

the dcr's would ask me if i was gonna pay,i said no,they would then get on their moral high horse and demand payment lol

then i would drop the bombshell, BANKRUPT, silence from them,marvellous !!

shackles,dont worry about it.

just make sure you tell them verything and they will be ok.

the people where i went were very nice and very helpfull.

you have done nothing wrong,you arnt up on a mrder charge,its happening more than you think.

if they are rude and not helpfull,the report them.

they are ment to be there to help you not make judgments.

im out of br now,i was only in 7 months and got discharged.

good luck.

Thanks - hugely appreciated. I unfortunately got off to the wrong start with the OR when I couldn't commit to the initial interview slot they wanted. I work for the NHS, which means shifts & no structure to breaks (if I'm lucky enough to get them). My rota wasn't out for the date she wanted so I couldn't commit (otherwise I'd be messing her around). The rota would be out the very next day & I promised faithfully to call her the next day to arrange but she wasn't having it. She suggested I did not appreciate the severity of the situation which I took much offence too but I didn't let on. In the end I gave in & arranged for a date I didn't even know I would be off for. What happened? Got the rota next day, proverbial law I was rostered to work, had to phone back and re-arrange for a date I'd be off. So far, bankrupt one week and managed to hack them off. Headmistress for an OR so really not looking forward to it!

I have started a new thread as I was going off topic. Just wanted to come back to this thread & thank those who gave me some input back in September as it really helped & I am very grateful. Gaz, I hope things are going brilliantly for you! :)

Cheers

I'm now discharged - October 2010 - the DCA's have gave up - I now have to phone them to have fun (latest is the fact they have not updated my credit file - letter time) I've learnt to live on cash, save up for stuff and have no access to credit - thats a very good thing - I've never had so much money - not being glib here but I didn't appreciate just how much I was paying out - my problem was once tied into a hp contract they wouldn't discuss repayment reductions - had to skin myself to try and meet them - the car/phone went back and relieved a massive pressure

Not one person I've met knew (that's how many locals read the court notices in the local papers, don't worry about that) the ones I told didn't care, in fact a few offered to help me out - too late (luckilly)

Until the creditors stick 'satisfied' or part satisfied I can't rebuild my credit

I need to go for now but good luck