Robinson Way are calling my work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Words cannot express how furious I am at the moment :-x

RW have left 5 messages on my voicemail at work asking me to call them. For starters I'm at a loss as to how they found out where I work.

I had requested several months ago that they send me a copy of the CCA and when they did it was unenforceable. They then started calling me incessantly on my home phone and mobile until I sent them a complaint about theit telephone harassment, to which I received an apology and confirmation that they would stop calling.

Which brings us to now, I checked my work voicemail and they had left 5 messages asking me to call them. I was so angry not only because they were supposed to only communicate by letter but because I find it deeply inappropriate that they call me at work.

Any advice on what I should do? I am quite prepared to do whatever it takes to nail them to the wall for this

Disgraceful,do what i did,just say the person they're after has moved on to pastures new

Does that work?

I've been receiving letters from RW to my address for over 5 years. The person wasn't even previous occupant. I've sent over 2 dozen letters back return to sender - no one of this name at this address. The letters still come monthly or so. Probably costing them a lot in postage & stationery;)

Does that work?

I've been receiving letters from RW to my address for over 5 years. The person wasn't even previous occupant. I've sent over 2 dozen letters back return to sender - no one of this name at this address. The letters still come monthly or so. Probably costing them a lot in postage & stationery;)

I think the problem is the people they employ cant read properly, if they did surely they would get the message....dca employees are not renowned for their i.q.

As has been previously mentioned report them to the OFT The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Ofcom

Consumer Direct Who will pass this directly to your Local Trading Standards

Protection From Harassment Act you might like to read and then quote to them exactly what offenc they have commited under this act, and that you have reported them for their continued harassment to the Police (not 999)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply back from RW.

"Your work phone number was obtained from information held by a credit reference agency - Experian. We have now removed this number from our files.

The reason we are trying to contact you is that you have an outstanding debt of £xx.xx and no payment has been received since xxxxxx."

Are they allowed to get my information from a CRA without my consent to a search or anything?

They seem to think even though I have previously removed their right to call me that it's then ok if they hadn't had any cash out of me for a while :evil:

If I were you, I would check with Experian. Check if RW have actually made a search. And see if Experian actually list your work number.

Then have a look at this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/222467-breach-data-protection-collection.html

The DCA isn't identified in this, but there is a similar theme in where they claim they got info!

And complain to the FSA and TS - if you say don't call me at work and they continue to do so, they'vre broken the FSA collection guidelines.

• Haha 1

If I were you, I would check with Experian. Check if RW have actually made a search. And see if Experian actually list your work number.

Then have a look at this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/222467-breach-data-protection-collection.html

The DCA isn't identified in this, but there is a similar theme in where they claim they got info!

And complain to the FSA and TS - if you say don't call me at work and they continue to do so, they'vre broken the FSA collection guidelines.

Thanks for the reply. I very much doubt Experian even have my work number as I don't give it to anyone. However, I have requested my file from them just to be sure.

I'll have a read that the thread you've suggested

Snap! They got hold of my ex-directory home number and mobile number, certainly not from Experian as they don't have them.

Phone Experian and check what details they hold, they were really helpful when I called them.

Has RW put in writing that they obtained the number from Experian? If they have, complain in writing to Experian and enclose a copy of the letter from RW, they were not amused when told that they were being held responsible.

Send it to:-

The Directors Office,

Experian,

Landmark House,

Experian Way,

NG2 Business Park,

Nottingham,

NG80 1ZZ.

I posted a letter to Experian today, and fully intend to complain to all, very loudly, just as soon as I have written confirmation from Experian.

Dibs.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

Snap! They got hold of my ex-directory home number and mobile number, certainly not from Experian as they don't have them.

Phone Experian and check what details they hold, they were really helpful when I called them.

Has RW put in writing that they obtained the number from Experian? If they have, complain in writing to Experian and enclose a copy of the letter from RW, they were not amused when told that they were being held responsible.

Send it to:-

The Directors Office,

Experian,

Landmark House,

Experian Way,

NG2 Business Park,

Nottingham,

NG80 1ZZ.

I posted a letter to Experian today, and fully intend to complain to all, very loudly, just as soon as I have written confirmation from Experian.

Dibs.

Hi Dibs

Cheers for the info, I'll get a letter out to Experian tomorrow. And yep, they told me it was Experian in writing so I'll enclose a copy of that letter for the CRA

• 2 weeks later...

I looked on Robinson Way website & they use a Talon system which apparently can track down near enough anyone!

They have rung me in work this week & at home - don't know how they found home number as the house phone is registered in my partners name!

I looked on Robinson Way website & they use a Talon system which apparently can track down near enough anyone!

They have rung me in work this week & at home - don't know how they found home number as the house phone is registered in my partners name!

If that is what you have read off 'their' website I would take that with a BIG pinch of salt, all DCA's claim to follow CSA and OFT guidelines and have impeccable debt collection records!

And we all know that that is just a figment of their imagination:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!