style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Must start by saying that I am not too sure where to post this.

My question is, Do companies need a court order to repossess rented goods (Washing Machine and Dryer) from a Washing Machine rental company.

This is what has happened to my sister today.

My nephew, off school, answered the door today to the boss of the rental company, who asked whether his mother was in (she was not, she was at work) when he replied NO, the boss, (called Tony), just replied, well I am taking the washer and dryer back, entered the house, walking straight passed my nephew and proceeded to disconnect the equiptment.

Luckily i only live on the next street and my nephew (14 years old) came running in saying there is a man in the house taking the washing machine and dryer, so obviously i ren straight down, ot knowing who was in the house. After about 15 minutes negotiating on my sisters behalf regarding arreas (£50) and the promise of regular future payments, he agreed to allow her one more chance, I then helped him carry the washing machine back into the house from the door step (which is as far as he got with it on his own by the time i arrived) I told him not to bother plumbing it back in as the hole behind the washer needed a good sweep and mop, anyway.

When attempting to plumb the washer back in I have noticed that he has somehow smashed the waist pipes off the sink, they will no longer reconnect, (god knows how he did that)

What should our next port of call be.

1) Ring the police?

2) Ring Tony the washer man and tell him of said damage

3) something else

thanks in advance for advice

David

Additional:

on further examination of the damage to the sink, the damage is worse than first thought.

The section where the waiste plug hole connects to the sink is snapped into several pieces, it looks like a whole new sink is needed as the hole where the waste pipe connects to the sink is cracked also;

Edited by thepalace1
Updaing Information

Shocking behaviour!!!

I would certainly get the Police involved, he has no right to enter the property, surely?? And if he has I am sure he is responsible for the damage, I would have thought!

His behaviour strikes me as criminal, though I am not a copper!

Keep us all posted.

Guest Thebailiff

Without a doubt, that is:

1. entering a house without a court order and without permisiion of the landowner constitutes a civil offence for tresspass.

2. entering a house without a court order and without permission of the land owner and attempting to remove goods is a criminal offence more commenly known as THEFT. He has also eneterered the property for the sole reason of removing goods illigaly which is now criminal tresspass. Also add criminal damage as he has caused damage to ancilleries. This definatly need the police to be called out if for nothing else than a crime ref no. for your insurance.

3. On company business and dealt with a minor which is a only a criminal offence if he scared the minor or forced his way past. (hard to prove that one though as he may look older than 14 but still worth pursueing) He has to by law, if talking to a minor, confirm his name, company and show id. not sure what the legal standing is on this but i would suggest you look into it.

4. discussed account with a third party without consent of the account holder constitues breach of contract and breach of data protection act. (definatly pursue this one)

1. entering a house without a court order and without permisiion of the landowner constitutes a civil offence for tresspass.

2. entering a house without a court order and without permission of the land owner and attempting to remove goods is a criminal offence more commenly known as THEFT. He has also eneterered the property for the sole reason of removing goods illigaly which is now criminal tresspass. Also add criminal damage as he has caused damage to ancilleries. This definatly need the police to be called out if for nothing else than a crime ref no. for your insurance.

3. On company business and dealt with a minor which is a only a criminal offence if he scared the minor or forced his way past. (hard to prove that one though as he may look older than 14 but still worth pursueing) He has to by law, if talking to a minor, confirm his name, company and show id. not sure what the legal standing is on this but i would suggest you look into it.

4. discussed account with a third party without consent of the account holder constitues breach of contract and breach of data protection act. (definatly pursue this one)

Not sure on the validity of the above but it certainly seems reasonable. Mr Bailiff, I don't suppose you could let us know where that comes from? If this matter is to be pursued, the references will be invaluable, I am sure.

I suspect the Police will not be interested in a civil offence, but the criminal element of damagnig your goods, taking them back without proper authorisation etc., sounds solid enough to me, as a layman.

Palace, I think you need to speak to the Police, and let us know what they say and hopefully people will continue to add their thoughts and experience.

FX

Guest Thebailiff

most of the above is standard common sense or pretty much common knowledge. i forgot to add though that its only a civil offence if he enters through an open door. climbinh through an open window i am not surew about.

i dont have any sources but i have dealt with these things enough to know its pretty much correct above. the only ppl that will tell you for certain are the police. just speak to them and the will decide what is what but criminal damage and attempted thewft is a definate.

Guest Happy Contrails
Without a doubt, that is:

Its also called burglary. (housebreaking if comitted daytime).

If a burglar causes damage while entering a building then its called breaking & entering.

Guest Thebailiff

yeah as i said in later posts, if its with the intention on taking goods then its burglary. if he just enteres peacfully then its civil tresspass.

Guest Happy Contrails

I speak from experience. I had a flat being refurbished and the builder left a door open and a drunk walked in, sat on the floor and refused to leave. Police arrested him for burglary and the magistrate gave him 100 hrs unpaid work and ordered him to attend a drying out clinic.

The bailiff is correct it would be burglary as there was people in the house and the damage was caused in the burglary so could also be criminal damage, but i would go to the police anyway because also correct you will need a crime number.and with hope that he will be arrested, because he sounds no better than a loan shark.

LFB

I speak from experience. I had a flat being refurbished and the builder left a door open and a drunk walked in, sat on the floor and refused to leave. Police arrested him for burglary and the magistrate gave him 100 hrs unpaid work and ordered him to attend a drying out clinic.

Maybe the magistrates court should start ordering the lowlife thugs acting as certificated bailiffs who routinely ignore the rule of law and get their kicks from preying on the vulnerable to carry out a few hours community service.

Guest Thebailiff
Maybe the magistrates court should start ordering the lowlife thugs acting as certificated bailiffs who routinely ignore the rule of law and get their kicks from preying on the vulnerable to carry out a few hours community service.

Maybe they should get ppl with nothing better to than post crap they nothing about, to do it instead, while the bailiffs get on with the work of making sure ppl get the money they are owed.

Guest Thebailiff
Thanks for deleting your earlier outburst. Presumably even some one wit an IQ lower than their shoe size can realize that for a bailiff to refer to someone else as "lowlife bottom feeders like you" is so hypocritical it is risable.

come on pack it in. im here to help and whatever you think of bailiffs, dont spread the tar over all of us. You cant even own up to what you actually do for a living so DO NOt dare take the mickey out of what i do.

if future, keep the info on topic and stop flaming.