Anthony v HSBC

towiedyer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey people,

Wanted to start a thread for my claim. Sent the DPA letter on the 1st Aug. Although I closed my Abbey bank account about 2 years ago I still reckon I have £1000+ to claim for.

Fingers crossed I get a quick response.

Anthony

Welcome Anthony

Good luck with the claim - you will find this a really helpful and friendly place, so keep us posted with progress - share the higs and get support during the lows!

Do take a look around - the site administrators and key contributors add useful posts all the time, as well as templates in the library for just about any letter you will need.

Look forward to seeing your progress

Dinahjl :grin:

HSBC - 2 Accounts - owe us £5.8K

10 Aug offer received of 50% owed on smaller account. We Replied and REJECTED offer

11 Aug 2nd offer made on same account - £500 higher! REJECTED AGAIN

18 AugMoneyclaim submitted for £3848 on main account. ACKNOWLEDGED 23 Aug.

30 Aug Moneclaim prepared for 2nd acc £2389.56

9 Sept RECEIVED OFFER IN FULL SETTLEMENT OF £6134.30:-D :-D :-D

If you have found my advice or comments helpful - please rate them by using the scales above. THANK YOU:)

well done anthony - you are now one step closer to receiving your money back

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so its been almost 28 days since I sent my request for action. The other day I received the usual "our charges are fair" letter from the HSBC. This is before I got any of the statements through or even asked for them to refund any charges. They stated on the letter that this "represents our final response on this matter".

Is this normal?

Seems like a pre-emptive strike by them.

They still have about 7 days to send me my statements before I make further claims to get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The time for them sending me my statements had lapsed, what do I do now?

How do I apply to the Information Commissioner for them to send me the statements?

Any help would be great?

Is this my next course of action:

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - ICO – Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

Hi,

The time for them sending me my statements had lapsed, what do I do now?

How do I apply to the Information Commissioner for them to send me the statements?

Any help would be great?

Is this my next course of action:

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - ICO – Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

Hi ok the best thing to do is read the FAQ, also the library there are templates on there regarding non compliance of DPA request.

you can also estimate your charges and send the letter to your bank.:)

• Confused 1