When is car finance not car finance

completelyfedup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When its with Welcome and you have a personal loan.....

I have just returned from citizens advice and they have been very good. I had received a lettter from welcome today to say they had given me the wrong terms and conditions and that I could v.t my car after all....

CAB have said that I have a personal loan and that the car is mine and they are trying to make things beter for themselves as basically they have stuffed up. CAb are writing to Welcome to get them to put it in writing that I have a loan etc....

Watch this space i guess;);)

And now I have received a call from the recovery people to come and arrange a time to pick up my car. No paper work received yet from the V.T department or any other paper work from welcome.Guess the postal strike is not helping! I have nicely told the transporter people that at the mo the car is still mine and I have citizens advice involved. After wha t I thought was going to be an easy thing to do its not. My origanl agreement show No figures for termination. This one is going to be interesting I can see.

I have a couple of posts running. I will try to explain. At the beginning of sept i phone my local banch to ask for some help as I was struggling with keeping up payments (who isnt with these idioits!). They basically told me nothing they coud do to help me. So at the end of september I sent a letter to them to V.T the car. A few days later I received a call from the local branch to say that I could not V.T as I did not have hire purchase.... I took my signed agreements to citizens advice, they wanted me to get clearer information from welcome. I phoned local office who said they would raise it as a complaint and I would here from the correct department. Complaints phoned me on the 14th of Sept and told me that they have sent me the wrong terms and conditions and I could V.T if I still wanted to, I know I should not have but I said that would be what I wanted to do. I then received a letter from the customer relations department stating what they had told me in the phone call. BUT I thought how can they just change things like that so went to citizens advice. They have kindly taken everyting on board and are now writing to ask what they are trying to do ie are they now trying to change my agreement to a H.P agreement... I SMELL A FISH

MY original signed agreement says along the top Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I have been told that what I have is a personal loan, if thats the case then I am not sure how to deal with things from here.. I will try to scan and post documents but not the most savvy person with technology

My original amount was 11,028.60 which was 48 payments of £225.71 signed in Jan 2007 and only cancelled dd in sept up until then all payments are up to date