Secured loan advice needed

snapshot26

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In January 2007 me and my partner took out a secured loan against the property.

We went direct and asked for quote for paying back over 15 years and 10 years. We opted for the 15 years.

The agreement arrived and we signed and sent it back without really looking at it as we believed it would be right.

They have sent a statement thrrough recently (first one ever due to new law) and i thought we are not paying much of the balance and the interest seems really high. So i worked out the 240 months to actually be 20 years!!!

We didnt want 20 years, so i rang them and they said they are no longer lending and there is nothing they can do to change the terms of the agreement.

I cant get another loan due to the downturn and house prices etc, so now im stuck with this loan.

And ive also found out its not a fixed loan like it asked for, its varible after so many years, so who knows what i will be paying.

Also on the credit agreement it doesnt state the total payable, it just says charge for credit, but when i looked at it when i first signed it, i thought that was the total repayable charge as they have put it right under the amount borrowed part. So i am actually paying more in interest than the loan amount.

Ive also looked at the agreement and even though it was signed it was not dated by either borrower and it says above it must be signed and dated.

I feel so stupid for taking this loan out, and now i dont know what to do.

Please dont assume im looking for an easy way out. i rang them with a view to pay more to settle it sooner and they dont want to know or offer any help.

What should i do now?

Any PPI on it at all ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

They sound familiar - probably had a few mentions around these parts.

I was wondering if it was GE and you were in a similar position to Cub and I (see Cub's thread). Possibly your loan works the same way. My term would have been extended considerably had I not paid the rotten loan off.