style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Dodgy Geezer.

Oh one more thing, this is gonna sound stupid.

I have to dl the top form, right?

The one where it says to declare yourself BR?

I ask cos the second one says individual, so that kinda threw me off.

Kind Regards

Yes you want the top one assuming you want to make yourself Bankrupt.

• Statement of Affairs and a Debtor's Petition - you will need to complete this form if you wish to present a petition to court to make yourself bankrupt.

The second one refers to when you want to make another individual bankrupt.

Its a mine field of emotions, and nothing sounds stupid, so please, just shout if you need to. There is always someone willing to help.

Good Luck.

Hello,

I am hoping that there is someone who can help me fill out the BR forms.

I am having a bit of difficulty with a few parts.

Now i won't list everything down, but instead will wait to hear if someone can help before i list the parts, hope that is ok?

Kind Regards

Thanks for that Saintly_1.

That form looks slightly different to the one i am filling out online, for which Dodgy Geezer provided the link for above. The one i am filling out you have to fill out online and once complete you print it off, but there was no mention of the affidavid on it, hmmmmm.

Under unsecured creditors, after i have entered the address and outstanding amount it asks the following questions:

What was the debt for? I put down credit card, is that ok?

Is this creditor an employee? I don't get that part. I have ticked no.

Also where it states creditor type, if it is a credit card issued by a bank, i would select bank, but what if it is a credit card not issued by a bank? Would i select credit companies?

Where it says date incurred, is this when the card was taken out? As i cannot remember that if that is the case.

I have put the latest statement date there. Though on top of the form it says to put the date of purchase?

Edited by britguy79

Under unsecured creditors, after i have entered the address and outstanding amount it asks the following questions:

What was the debt for? I put down credit card, is that ok? Yes that'sright

Is this creditor an employee? I don't get that part. I have ticked no. This is only if you rana business as self-employed or sole trader so correct to put no

Also where it states creditor type, if it is a credit card issued by a bank, i would select bank, but what if it is a credit card not issued by a bank? Would i select credit companies? Yes

Where it says date incurred, is this when the card was taken out? As i cannot remember that if that is the case.

I have put the latest statement date there. Though on top of the form it says to put the date of purchase? This doesn't have to be 100% accurate. You could put between roughly when you took the card out and the last statement as obvioulsy the purchases will cover a period of time

Need any furtther help just ask

Thanks toddle2u, you have been a great help. If i get stuck i will post again.

Oh one question i have is i do have premium bonds worth like £150 or so, though not sure of the actual value as i have had them since i was like 2.

How can i find out the exact amount? Also what will happen to these?

Kind Regards

Thanks peeps for your help.

Luckily i do not have any premium bonds. I did have £200 worth of shares, which i have sold and will use to pay the £360 court fee. Well i am just waiting for my job seekers letter confirming it, cos if i take this to the court when paying the £360, i do not have to pay the £150, as advised by CAB.

I need help with the following as that is all i need to answer to complete the forms.

Now in 6.3, which is income, it asks to state any other income including state benefits and tax credits. If i receive child tax credits do i state it in this part?

For the cause of the BR i have put the following, is this ok or do i need to go into more detail?

Since my job finished at the start of July 2009, i have struggled to pay my minimum monthly payments to all my creditors. I did contact my creditors informing them i would be unable to pay the minimum and that i would only be able to pay £1.

The creditors refused and informed me to go through Citizens Advice Bureau. One of my creditors defaulted and terminated my account. The remainder have continued to charge interest which has taken me above my credit limits and i have been incurring charges.

I don't quite understand the following 2 questions. One of my creditors defaulted my account and terminated it and agreed for me to pay £1 a month, do i state that in any of the following 2?

Have you made any composition or arrangement with your creditors in satisfaction of your debts?

Have you entered into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors?

Kind Regards

Edited by britguy79

Thanks peeps for your help.

Luckily i do not have any premium bonds. I did have £200 worth of shares, which i have sold and will use to pay the £360 court fee. Well i am just waiting for my job seekers letter confirming it, cos if i take this to the court when paying the £360, i do not have to pay the £150, as advised by CAB.

I need help with the following as that is all i need to answer to complete the forms.

Now in 6.3, which is income, it asks to state any other income including state benefits and tax credits. If i receive child tax credits do i state it in this part? Yes you will need to put that in.

For the cause of the BR i have put the following, is this ok or do i need to go into more detail?

Since my job finished at the start of July 2009, i have struggled to pay my minimum monthly payments to all my creditors. I did contact my creditors informing them i would be unable to pay the minimum and that i would only be able to pay £1.

The creditors refused and informed me to go through Citizens Advice Bureau. One of my creditors defaulted and terminated my account. The remainder have continued to charge interest which has taken me above my credit limits and i have been incurring charges. I would simply put the following - Since my job finished in July I have been unable to find further employemnt despite enormous effort on my behalf. I have been unable to meet my financial committments because of this and creditor actions have forced me into Bankruptcy

I don't quite understand the following 2 questions. One of my creditors defaulted my account and terminated it and agreed for me to pay £1 a month, do i state that in any of the following 2?

Have you made any composition or arrangement with your creditors in satisfaction of your debts? No

Have you entered into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors? Yes I have entered into repayment plans with some creditors

Kind Regards

Suggestedd answers in blue above. Any further problems just shout

Hi Britguy

Got your PM sorry not got back to you sooner as I've had that dreaded swine flu just beginning to get my head round things now. Anyway seems that you have been getting plently of help.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation