style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident in work in February 2009 and I am claiming compensation from my employers. During my investigation I asked my foreman for a risk assessment for the area I was working in he and I looked on the system only to find there was no risk assessment for that newly re-designed area only a generic one for a larger area.

The company policy on this is after each section will undergo a 5s intiative, will be given its own risk assessment to be reviewed every 2 years, I think that sounds good practice and reasonable.........But, the section I had my accident in was the first to complete their 5s crap in 2007, so when I asked in May 2009 there should have been one....but wasn't.

I put in my claim and then another colleague put in a claim whilst working in the same area in June 2009 still no risk assessment. Happened to look on the system yesterday and a risk assessment had been added for that section......but was dated December 2007. Checked with I.T and the file had only been written on 19/8/2009 but the person who wrote it had dated it fraudulently to 2007 to cover their backs. Do I contact the HSE aswell as giving all details to my solicitor or could that open up a big problem for my employers?

Thanx

Pete:?

Give the info to you solicitor, if he is worth his salt he should advise H.S.E anyway. Are you in a position to prove the time the document was added to the computer system. i.e. have you done a screen shot of the properties of the Word document. Part of risk assessment management is that the H+S documents should be avalaible to all, and should be kept in the "designated place", where everybody knows where they are - or at least the supervisor for that area. Keeping them on the computerr if evry1 has access to the system is fair enough. By the way, I am of the opinion that risk assessments should be reviewed as and when necessary (changes to environmet etc). An ongoing thing (living document as they call them). But should be reviewed at least aver 12 mths - NOT two years.

Cheers - Scousgeezer.

Have got a screen shot and all print outs. Also got Administrator in I.T to block this person from getting at the file in question. Dont think I will settle for the first offer somehow.........lol

Thanx

Pete