EOS Solutions???

Adamsnake
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i have had an letter from this company today and i dont know what to do.

Reference : 777610381005

Outstanding debt : 23.86

Our clent : Paypal Private LTD

Dear : my name

TRANSFER TO DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY

OUT CLIENT HAS NOW APPOINTED EOS SOLUTUIONS AS ITS AGENT TO TAKE RECOVERT ACTION TO COLLECT YOUR DEBT

THE WHOLE BALANCE OF £23.86 IS DUE FOR IMMEDIATE PAYMENT

WHATEVER YOUR CIRUMSTANCES YOU MUST CONTACT US NOW ON 08443729677

PAYMENTS BY ANY PAYMENT METHOD MUST BE PAYABLE TO EOS SOLUTIONS NOT OUR CLIENT

THIS WILL ABOID UNNECESSARY FUTHER ACTIONS BEING TAKEN ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

any ideas on what do cheers?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading your post it seems that Paypal are chasing you for money. Generally this means that you would have had a Paypal account and went overdrawn on it.

It seems a bit of an extreme letter for £23.86!

Can you remember ever having a Paypal account?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Oh and don't call them.

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

Thanks for the reply mate,

Yes i did have a paypal account and i know about the debt.

I have had 2 or 3 debt companys sending me letters but this is a new one in around 2 - 3 months.

The debt was for a phone i sold on ebay and the buyer wanted a refund and i said no, open a dispute and had his money back but i did close my paypal account so paypal coulent take any money off me.

Personally I would send a dispute letter to EOS stating that you are not aware of the debt and that you want to see evidence that the debt exists.

Would it just be easyer to just pay it?

It i did go and pay it would it be the end of everthing?, could they take more out my debt card than they said. would anything els happen?

because i dont think they are going to stop and i am very worred as im only 17 lol

You do not need to be worried, they will make a lot of scary sounding, but empty threats.

If you feel that you owe the money, then you should pay, otherwise you should stand your ground. Far too many people just give in and pay money that they do not owe :(

Thanks for the reasuring reply :)

I feel that i do owe the money but then on another note i dont.

I owe 23 odd pound for basicly giving a phone away.

I did not get the phone back from the ebay member and now i have these stupid people after me.

I just want to get it stopped its doing my heading.

thanks again.

If you didn't get the phone back, then you don't owe the money. Personally, I think I would just relax and ignore any letters that they send. As I say, they will make all kinds of terrible threats, but after a while you'll find that instead of being threatening they are actully quite good for a laugh :)

Bailiffs can only get involved if they take you to court, and if they win, and if you don't pay the judgement. Frankly, it seems unlikely that they would try it on in court over such a small amount. If they did you would just counterclaim for the full amount because you didn't get the phone back.

They cannot legally add any charges, so you don't need to worry about it ending up as £1000s.

There will be no CCA, but you can always send a "prove it" letter to see what they come up with.

You should be aware that they will put a default on your credit file. Though I'm not sure if you even have one when you're under 18. Hopefully someone else will be able to advise about that.

Just a quick message guys to get my head around this.

If EOS Solutions send me any more debt letters i just ignore them.

Balilifts wont come around because its only a small amount is that correct?

They cannot legal add more on to the debt or intrest rates etc so the debt will always be the same?.

How can i stop them from sending me letters? is there any laws i can sue them with lol.

CCA, there is none on my debt?, are you 100% sure about this?.

If my debt gets put to another DCA do i do the same as i have been doing and ignore them.

The amount is immaterial, bailiffs can only become involved after they have taken you to court, you have lost the case, and then you have not paid the court judgement. Until those three things have happened, though they will threaten bailiffs a lot, it is a completely empty threat.

They might try to add charges on, it's yet another form of bullying that they use. However, it would be yet another grounds for you winning any court case, should they be stupid enough to take it that far.

Stopping them sending you letters is a difficult one, there isn't a lot that you can do about it practically, IMO. However, I suspect that they will give up soon enough in this case, as the amount is so small.

100% on the CCA. You would have had to have signed it, and you would have a copy, but they don't apply to Paypal.

Ignore any other DCA. The only thing you don't, under any circumstances, ignore is court papers. In the highly unlikely event you get those, then come straight back here.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have had one this morning, oddly much the same circumstances except the phone i got back was different from the one i sent. I think PP have changed their DCA as it wasnt this bunch of muppets.

It was NCO.

i guess they are about as powerless as each other and depend on scare tactics.

Edited by cornz

I got one this morning to and was also previously recieving NCO letters.

I stuffed it in the box with the rest of the crap I recieve from NCO and Cabot. One day this box will be so full of paper threat letters that it will become a fire hazzard.

heres my story, sold an expensive watch on ebay for £580 buyer was from italy, he paid via paypal i sent the watch after funds were in my bank account, a friend then said to me jesus thats very dodgy especially with the [problematic] on paypal and italy postal system i took no chances and removed my bank account and credit card from paypal account and then closed paypal account for good

low and behold a few weeks later paypal dispute long haul i lost the case

i couldnt even reply to the dispute as i didnt even hjave a paypal account no more !!!

paypal called me i told them in more or less terms take me to court i will only respond to letters.

today i got a letter from eos demanding nearly £600 pounds.

so....... can i sit tight ignore all? can they come knocking? fair doos if it ends up in court and i loose ill pay up even though i dont want to

as it stands at the mo im not out of pocket, but paypal are by nearly 600 surely they wont let that slide?

'effin hate how paypal side with the buyer without question. Promise to investigate and do F all, which is why i feel a lot of people take umbridge at having to deal with the cretinous DCAs'