Utilities Trust Fund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

rang the number as adie suggested above unfortunatlely the lady says they can not help with final bills bit of a shame :( never mind

Thanks so much for all your help :wink:

you could always look at the links and see what they can offer.

u dont have to tell them its a final bill.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I have a friend who could really do with the help of one of these trusts - but she is with Scottish Power, the only company that do not seem to have anything like this for individuals. The Utilites Trust Fund does not cover her area aaarrgghhh!

Does anyone know of anywhere else she can get this help?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Your friend could email [email protected] and ask if there are any project which they fund in her area. This is because SP only fund organisations not individuals.

However if your friend has worked then check out this link http://www.joblinks.org.uk/ for trust funds which will accept aplications for assitance in many cases.

She could also call SP and check she is on the right tarrif. A lot of providers are now offering a lower price for ppl in recipet of benefits.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

does this also apply to Eon electricity?

they are asking me to pay an extra £85 a month to clear arears (because after numerouse phone calls they didnt send a bill for nearly a year!!) on top of the £105 monthly bill which I just cant manage.

Edited by madnskint
wasnt concentrating first time

• 4 weeks later...

Eon dont give a toss about there customers.

My electric meters have not been read in over 4 years but they are refusing to accept correct meter readings off me as they will only work on estimate.

I also have not had a bill in over 4 years now and as a result they have called me a liar.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well clare u must be the only won.

I have been verbally abused threatened with violence and even assulted by a rep of Eons all because the courts sided with me.

Oh and BTW i have complained but all i got was nothing not even a acknowledgement or anything.

yeah you can tell Eon that as result of there actions towards me then they have lost quiet a lot of business. Personally i wish i had never switched companys as there staff actually treated me like a human being.

Oh and Clare there have even ignore the police so that is customer satisfaction for u.

• 2 months later...

I've only just heard of this trust fund! This will be a lifesaver for me if I qualify!! I owe £900 to united utilities, have been on benefits for two years, and am paying Interim Justitia £30 a month, for a debt that will take me many years to clear. they keep calling me to tell me £30 isn't enough, and I say tough, that's all I can afford, no matter how much you threaten me. Every April, my new water bill gets added on, so there's another £300 added to the final amount. £360 a year is what I pay at present, as I'm on benefits, and it will take 3 years to clear the bill as it stands, then, by that time, there will be another £900+ bill on it for each years water. A losing battle, until now! Hope I can get this fund...

• 2 weeks later...

hi all...........

i have been with utilitys trust fund......................

and i am over the mooon that they helped

you have to tell them everything you pay then they ask you to show them you are trying to manage the bill (mine was water bill) the monitor over a 3 - 6 month period showing you are try to help your self and then i got a letter i was awarded £1400 to pay off arrears of my bill. rang water up they say i am in credit at mo and need pay nothing.............

i got this news in the beginning of january09......................

they do help give them a try.................

i had to make regular £10 weekly payments and it all paid off.....

give it a go..........

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved my letter of acknowledgement from them. They say it may take up to 6-8 weeks before they can deal with it, but have given me a ref number, so hopefully I can be out of this mess soon!

• 3 weeks later...

As a disabled pensioner, on pension credit, we have been economising on our electric consumption in order to keep the costs down. This means being frozen all winter, we can only afford to keep one room warm with an old NSH, sharing one bath a week etc. I rang Southern Electric last September to ask if we were eligible for their Social Tariff and was told that they would send me the forms. Despite 5 further calls and an email to their Customer Services Manager there has been no response. Looking on their website and on my bills I can find no address to which I can write and complain, only the one CS contact No. Any thoughts as to how I can go forward. We are on their Economy 10 tariff.

Success!! Just had a letter from the trust fund, saying they are giving me a grant of £816, which is what is left of the account! I feel so relieved now! Finally got the DCA off my back! I would definately encourage people who are in the same position I was to apply for the grant. It doesn't just apply to people who are on benefits either.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have read through all your posts and links to trust funds but I see you have to be a customer to which trust you apply for, am having big problems with Scottish power and would like to find some help so I can pay of the outstanding bill with them and move to EDF but since Scottish power wont let me move till the bill is paid off am stick with them and there price increase.

Any info would be appreciated

Tiggs.

Edited by tiggywnks

Hi Tiggs,

If I'm correct you don't necessarily have to be a United Utilities water customer as it states on application form 'In certain cases, the Trust can also consider giving some help to meet other essential bills, household needs or priority debts.' But if you would like more information on this I suggest you visit their website:

United Utilities Trust Fund

Adie

I also have a massive debt built up with Scottish Power - due to being on ESA and generally having a low income - currently standing about £1700 - is there anything out there to help with a SP customer based in London?

Any help much appreciated

Hi tiggywinks,

I told my sister about the united utilities trust fund (uutf) over a year ago. She is a single parent on income support and has three children. Hubby left leaving masses of unpaid bills!

She sent the form off and never heared anything back. She was called into the Job Centre for a meeting to assess her position one year on and she told them she was struggling to cope. The CSA has not done anything and that she has no reply from the uutf. The lady at the Job Centre said she would apply on her behalf and low and behold she has received a substantial amount of money to clear her utilities and the CSA have now said they will start looking at her case.

Have you asked in the Job Centre or where ever you go regarding your benefits as they might be able to help you also.

When we first aproached Scottish Power they said they give grants to organisations not individuals and try and contact your local Gingerbread Group as they can help and advise.