Utilities Trust Fund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter about this with my latest bill.

My sitution is, when I inherited my house from my father I was sent a bill by UU claiming nearly £3000 in unpaid water rates. since then I have paid the bills for my water consumption (I'm on a meter) and still dispute the backdated bill sent to me. Our average water rate in 2004 was £400 so for my father to run up a bill of £3000 means he would have not paid it for 10 years at least.

The bill has been passed from debt collector to debt colletor, I used to ask them for information regarding the bill, details of missed payments etc, but stopped after about a year, as none would give me information. Every six months I get a bill, every six months a different debt collector sends a letter saying I owe them £3000.

One even sent me a Christmas card a couple of years ago asking what thay had done wrong as they had not heard from me and to give them a call !!

Whilst the fund is a good thing for people suffering hardship, for people with inherited debts, then get proof of the debt before seeking help from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I would just like to say a VERY big thank you to mrsfoot and installspark for giving the addresses for help with utility bills. I have been worried sick about my bills and worried about paying them now i have at lets got a life line and can ask for help. :)

dr knot i thought i was seeing things when you said u recieved a christmas card off one debt recovery company. i had to check my glasses were not dirty. Well thank you dr knot for giving me a laugh about that. :lol:

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

Hi Godmother

You dont have to thank me, Im just glad you have found a way through. If you need anymore help with the applications etc then please do not hesitte to shout out. If not on here then please send an email to me and I will do what i can.

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot seem to find anyone who can help with Scottish Power for Gas and Electric, they waited a full 8 months before billing me and whilst i'm now able to pay my electricity by meter (even though they have recently charged me for 1,700 more units than i've actually used) my gas bill is sky high and it's making me ill thinking about how i'm going to pay it - especially with christmas etc.... coming up.

Is there any fund that we know about that will help?

Kind regards

Cara

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cara

It soes seem to be water commpanies who have the trust funds set up. Who provides your water? You can apply to most funds for other essential bills so check it out. All you need is your water company name then go through the list above. Hope this helps. If not give me a shout and I will see what I can find for you

MrsFoot

• 1 month later...

subbing for future ref

dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there is a trust fund for gas and electricity. When I first became ill a few years back the CAB gave me the application forms to fill in and they filled in a part relating to them. I received a grant somewhere in the region of £2,500 it paid all of my electricity and gas bill.

There is a clause that they will only assist if by doing so you will be able to meet future payments. In other words it's a one off payment for arrears and by making this payment you have a clean slate where by you can then paid future bills.

Please contact your CAB as they have all the forms and will help you fill them in they will also explain your circumstances and will add a recommendation.

good luck

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

do you have to be unemployed or can working people apply?

i am in debt with water, electric and gas.

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

Anyone can apply to the trust fund. The idea is to help those who are struggling to get back on their feet. It is important that you can show you will be able to keep up with your payments if the balance is cleared as they very rarely help if they feel you will abuse the situation. fill the form in, send it off and who knows, you could be debt free with your utilities.

Mrsfoot

I would def go and ask the CAB to help fill it out with you as this will give the application a bit more clout so to speak they will wrote their own comments on to back you up. It really is worth doing but as previously said if you are unable to make future payments or if your likely to go in to the red again they will turn you down it's a one only opportunity.

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

• 1 month later...

sorry anni

cases won

• 2 weeks later...

Adie1965. Can you tell me how long you waited from sending the form in. My sister sent hers in 6 weeks ago and has not heared anything yet?

Thank you very much for this mrsfoot and uinstallspark – really useful info.

Also a thanks to kennythecelt - is that Swalec? Because I have had problems with them since day one of moving here and never one peep from them about helping me manage my fuel bills despite many years of correspondence.

I would love to be able to pay them off completely and switch to another company.

Hi Wino

It normally takes about 8 weeks from start to finish, however they have had lots of requests lately (wonder why :rolleyes: ) and some cases are taking longer. Give it another 2 weeks then give them a call / email. They will give you an idea on how much longer it will be.

Good luck

Hi Wino(sorry to reply so late:oops: )

Not quite sure of the date we sent application off but received acknowledgment letter very quickly. That letter was dated 25th Feb. Then confirmation of grant letter 4th March. How quick is that!

But on acknowledgment letter it did state it could take up to 21days for outcome.

Hope your sister's hears something very shortly as 6 week's seems an awful long time. Personally I would call them.

Adie

Hi AwakeNow

Swalec is a part of Scottish and Southern who are also known as Scottish Hydro. Try phoning and ask them about Energyplus Care.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much Kennythecelt, that does help lots : )

• 1 month later...

Hi all

can i just ask my mother is 62 on state pension she had her gas and electric with npower for a short period of time last year which she paid for using a payment card every month we then found southern electric were cheaper for her so we switched her supplier to them however my mother now owes final bills to npower of around £300 her water company is severn trent could i as for thier help in paying these? my mum now has moorcroft the debt collection agancy after her for them?

Thanks for any help you can give

Meg&Mog :)

Hi Meg&Mog,

I would ring them and tell them your Mother's situation. I'm sure they will be able to help. By the way their phone number is 0845 179 1791.

Good luck:)

Adie

Edited by ADIE1965