style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i had a visit today from two baliffs fromthe local court, who had come to take a list of my goods in prepartation to remove them for a debt my son owes...my son is aware of this debt and seems to think if he dosnt open letters they will disappear. He dosnt live with me but did when the fine was issued. He owns absolutley nothing in my house. I ended up paying the debt, as the baliff advised me i would have to prove i.e. receipts etc that i owned everything..well i just dont have receipts for pcs and tvs etc that i have had for years.The baliff went on to advise me that in order to avoid this happening again that i could go to a solicitor and sign a Statutory Declaration, where i would have to swear on oath that everything in my house is mine and nothing to do with my son. What i need to know is is this the only way to cover my self in the event it happens again. i.e. speeding fines or any other.

thanks in advance

Hi, yes a statutory declaration is the best way - you can show it to any other bailiffs if they turn up again.

I have affixed a draft SD to this post, you just need to adapt to suit and take to a solicitor to have it sworn (usually costs £5 - 10).

Statutory Declaration.doc

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You're welcome :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Get hold of Tomtubby, the bailiff was well out of order getting you to pay your sons debt when he didn't live with you. I hope you got a receipt and a list of what he wanted.

A Form 4 complaint should now be winging its way to the court as the bailiff acted outside their jurisdiction.