Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Ah I see what you mean. That is unfortunate, but guess there's little I can do then. Thanks very much for your help!
    • OK I sent CCA request on Monday 7/6 recorded delivery with a postal order uncrossed with £1 stating on the back that it didn't go towards any alleged debt.   Wednesday 9/6, received the postal order back from Arrow with a cover letter saying they no longer charge a fee and 'we will respond as soon as we can'   Then on Friday 11/6 morning a letter dated the 10th (they said if we didn't hear back from you by the 11th) I got a letter of claim from Drydens saying 'if you do not provide proposals to repay, legal action may be issued in the county court'.  Along with 'you have 30 days to respond'. Attached is a printout of an income and expenditure sheet.
    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



My Girlfriend took a job in February 2009 at a hotel. The job that she took was on a temporary basis to cover two girls that were going off on maternity. The job description that she was given was the kind of work that she was looking for, and although it was less money than she wanted, the experience was the kind she needed to gain in order to progress her career. She was told that her pay would be reviewed after 6 months, and that the job would be made permanent after this time.


She has never received a contract, nor has she ever received a job description. She has been asked to fulfill several roles (not included in the original verbal job description), to cover more than one member of staff on maternity. She has not received any review to determine how they feel she is doing her job, and has been on the end of some vicious behaviour from her boss.

Despite this she has performed the tasks she has been given well, and has had several positive comments from other members of staff.


Today she has been told that if she wishes to remain at the company she must change her job, accept shift work, and take a pay cut.


This strikes me as very unfair. Having never been given a contract to sign, been overloaded with jobs (meant for 2 people), not receiving any support or guidance, despite the initial promise of wage reviews and extension of the temporary position, and now to be told if she wants to stay with the company accept this lower positioned role, with less money, and more hours.


Can anyone point us in the right direction on how we can get some advice or help?




Link to post
Share on other sites

She will not have accrued any rights that she has been working for less than one year. Despite this the employer certainly should have given her a contract or released a statement for basic terms of employment. As far as I can see the only right that she has are to receive this statement.


She can complain if she wants but I expect that she will not then be able to get the job that she is being offered. She is a difficult position but frankly there is very little that she can do. She could claim about not having received the statement of terms that this won't produce any great benefit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply.


It all seems very unfair, and encourages companies to behave badly. Keeping people on temporary contracts (or no contract) so they can get them to do whatever they feel like, and then force people to leave the company by offering them less money when they have had what they wanted from someone.


I would have thought that there would be more protection for employees?

Link to post
Share on other sites

She will have a contract even if it is only a verbal one... every full time employee has. Obviously, it should be in writing and she is entitled to such within 4 weeks as raydetinu said. The terms of the 'contract' are agreed at the interview stage and are binding for job discription, salary, hours ect.


The only problem is that up to 12 months of continuous employment has to pass before she is protected by most of the employment laws and they can dismiss her without reason in that period. However, there may be a breach of contract here and as allready suggested, I would advise seeking advice from ACAS.


I certainly would not accept the changes being demanded of her just like that!

Please Note


The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.


I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.


Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

suggest she gets in writing what the terms of the job are and the hours, pay etc. which will form the basis of the contract then she can make an informed decision to accept or not. I would look at constructive or wrongful dismissal if the original terms she was employed on are changed without consultation and agreement, in a take it or leave sort of way. defo spealk to acas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...