Cash Genie Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received this email from them, after sending them the telephone harressment letter. What should I do?

I’m sorry you feel this way, unfortunately you have left no choice now but to approach your employer and request a deduction of your wage, i will be sending a letter to the hr manager of your school at 17.00 on Tuesday unless you contact me to arrange repayment, it’s seems to me that you have no intention to repay the monies owed.

Many thanks

Kindest Regards

Barry Sillence

Accounts Manager

Cash Genie

(Part of In Time Finance Ltd)

Debtline: 0800 046 8121

Tel: 0845 956 9694

Fax: 0845 017 9961

Email: [email protected]

Chapmans Warehouse

Neptune Quay

Ipswich

Suffolk

IP4 1AX:???:

Send them an email stating that:

They cannot contact your employer without a court order.

To get a court order they need to go to the court.

The court will most likely order you to stick to a payment plan with them.

If you then default on the payment plan it is only then that they can APPLY to the court for an attachment of earnings.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Agree with all of the above - harrassment and intimidation it certainly is, relying on your either not knowing they are talking bunkum or your wish to avoid them "writing to your HR manager" will outweigh your desire stand up to them! :roll:

Seems that the "stuck record" approach works best with these firms - repeat harrassment/no visiting letter, repeat offer of what you can afford to pay, confirm complaint to OFT about their vexatious pursuit of "recovery" action and refusal to agree to your resonable repayment proposals. You can also add they are legally obliged to accept whatever you are trying to pay them in reduction of the debt (they can continue to argue with you for more but the usual tactic of refusing to accept whatever you are offering in the meantime whilst racking up the "interest" and "charges" is not legal).

Keep at them and do complain - we will get there if enough people follow through. Best of luck :)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Thanks for all your advice....Cash Genie have accepted my payment plan

Excellent news, well done on this. Stick to the payment plan and they won't have a leg to stand on.

BTW have they confirmed the payment plan in writing? If not request that they do. :)

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Hiya

You can tell them to swing for it but in the spirit of working with them (:p) to a mutually acceptable arrangement I would give them their screen shot(s) with enough info to confirm it was your bank and they were the beneficiaries but with the account number and sort code blacked out! ;) (as with personal details for docs posted here). They are of course only wishing to confirm payment was set up and there is no way they would use the account details if they could see them to add their own direct debit to your standing order! :rolleyes:

Play their game sure, just remove the stuff they could use to go behind your back!! :)

Keep going, you are getting there

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

• 1 year later...

I've reported the poster advertising a free service, this needs to go to the moderators as it seems to be blatant advertising.

The best advice is to set up a second bank account with either the Halifax or Co Op and have your income transferred into that.

Report the email to Trading Standards via Consumerdirect and report it to the OFT. If you do not report it they will only get away with it and harrass you even more.