Final Notice letter From Buchanan clark + wells

bbb_bhavesh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Recently i got letter from Buchanan Clark + wells and which mention about my out standing debt of £244.74 and with administation charges £324.28.

This debt is during august 2007 to may 2008. I got first letter from bedt agency on 2nd APril 2009 and mention that its final notish. I havnt got any call or reminder to pay electric bill from scotish power.

I was student at that time, we three strudents share a house. The bills comes on three persons name. After moving to new property, I do not have contact with other two students. Now this debt collection compay forced me eto pay full amount of bills.

SO i would like to know, How to deal with this case where even i am ready to pay my part of bill amount ?

I called them and mention situation but they are forced me to pay the bills. While calling them, they got my mobile number so they call me every day and try to make me full payment.

Please give some advice to finished this case ASAP.

Hi and welcome to CAG

First of all stop calling then. Get everything in writing

Secondly only a court can order you to pay.

No matter what they say, they have no powers to force you to do anything without a court order.

Thirdly make then prove you owe the money and don't make any payments to them unless they do.

fourthly get on with your life and ignore them until they send proof of the debt. If they call your mobile, refuse to answer their security questions, if they discuse that mather with you without doing this they are in breach of the data protection act. Tell them everything in writing, if they ask you to confirm your address don't. Never sign any letter you write to them, just print your name

oh well you've learned the pitfalls of calling a DCA now haven't you!

there is little they can do to you.

i would ignore them and they may well go away or pass it on to the next leeching service.

if you really do want to sort your portion, then i'd not deal with them & phone scottish power

find out if there is any debt outstanding

i would think it has been long written off & this DCA has brought the debt for a few quid to see if they can con anyone of you three into paying.

dx

ps if you really want to make the dca go away

put in a claim for the admin charges!

you should get £100+ back as the charges will payoff the outstanding debt!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...