Valley enforcement Parking fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Caveat - "He" is actually a "she" and a divorce lawyer so not strictly her area of law:-)

You're right, I have to put my hand up her and admit to paraphrasing slightly here, what she said was that the subject in question was one of trespass and very difficult to enforce. She believes I made a reasonable attempt to abide by the T & Cs laid out (i.e. I had gone to the trouble of obtaining a ticket). She aslo said the fact the ticket is not adhesive could also make it not fit for purpose apparently too.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, I have to put my hand up her and admit to paraphrasing slightly here, what she said was that the subject in question was one of trespass and very difficult to enforce. She believes I made a reasonable attempt to abide by the T & Cs laid out (i.e. I had gone to the trouble of obtaining a ticket). She aslo said the fact the ticket is not adhesive could also make it not fit for purpose apparently too.

Paraphrasing was quicker wasn't it. :-D

Guess what? I got a letter today. They have offered to help me out if I have difficulties in paying my fine. Certainly not at all what I expected! Seems like they are trying it on, with a different approach?!

Please don't legitimise this [problem] by calling it a "fine". it's not . it's an invoice.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been a month now since Valley Parking passed this over to a 'debt' collection agency called CSC Collect who called and said they would be chasing the 'debt' from here in on. They mentioned legal action option was an option so I said "YES PLEASE". let's sort this out, I've done nothing wrong here. That was back in September, nothing heard since..

I'll keep you posted folks.... it's a shamed some of the other people who've started posts on here haven't updated them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Phil,

I have heard nothing since my last post. The incident occured at the end of April last year, it has been 9 months. If they are going to do anything, they would have done it by now. Oh, one thing I have to mention is that Premier Parking Solutions had been featured on the local paper. Many people were complaining of the way the issue "penalty invoice/tickets" . Maybe that's why I have not even had any threatening letters at all! I just hope that's the last of it!

Hello,

I am so glad I've found this forum! I received a parking notice from Valley Enforcement last month. In December I parked at the usual car park at Didcot railway station and went to get a £5 ticket (for 24hours parking). I've done this loads of time as I need to travel to London for meetings. The machines were all playing up, a couple of people in front of me had lost their money and received no ticket, but I needed to get my train so put £5 in, got my ticket straight away, displayed it in my car and got my train.

When I got back to the car I saw the parking notice (!) so I phoned the company straight away to object and they said my ticket had expired before I got back to my car. I checked the ticket and noticed that it was inly valid for 1 hour, expiring at 0949 and showed no money paid when I had paid £5. I wrote to Vally Enforcemnet and sent them the ticket, parking notice and rail ticket, explaining that I had paid and I wanted them to reconcile their machine against tickets issued. Needless to say,over a month later I received a reply (addressed to Mr and not Mrs!) telling me I had to pay but not answering any of my questions. I phoned agian and sent a further letter asking for an explanation and today I've received a reply, copy and pasted from the first reply, telling me I have to pay. I've phoned them and told them I won't be paying so they are threatening me with debt collectors!!

Help!! what do I do?

We have a team of copyright lawyers at work and all said the same thing as my divorce lawyer, if you have a reasonable excuse explain it to the company by recorded mail and and leave at that. Don't waste time following up any letters from CCS as they'll reply standard template letters about 'papers being prepared' and someone coming round your house to discuss the problem ya da da (check the spelling and grammar on those letters to get a better idea of who these people are!)

I've yet to find anyone on this or any the forum that has actually been taken to court with the exception of one which was thrown out by the judge because he said there was no way the parking customer could justify such a huge amount widely reported in the national papers. Citizens Advice said the same thing.

I have to hand it them they have a brilliant business model, most people Do pay up though ignorance and fear. At the very least I'd suggest you pop along to CAB or blow £35 on 20 minute solicitor consultation, also long as you have a reasonable excuse which you can prove. Taking you to court is a very risky business for them and many Small claims court judges do not take kindly to the public being bullied, the case would be heard locally too BTW.

Even if by some freak chance this did go to court the judge would only permit reasonable charges and your liability of legal fees I think is limited to £80 or something. You couldn't get a CCJ unless you decide not pay what the judges ordered. Don't take my word for this, check with CAB or similar, you'll be surprised I suspect! I asked them to take me to court to resolve this but so far they've declined.

Please let us know your progress., and don't forget, it's not a 'fine', it's an invoice.

Edited by philbridges

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply. I've just noticed another thread on here posted by Sarah Hannah on 31 July saying excatly the same thing happened to her at the car park at Didcot . I've replied to her post to see what has happened since but I promise to keep the thread going with news on how I get on.:-)

Don't waste YOUR time or money sending letters recorded or otherwise, unless it contains a cheque they will do as you should do and ignore it.

Debt Collector = A person with absolutely no powers whatsoever, except perhaps to send letters some even in scary red ink. Ignore that threat as well they are toothless.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been nearly 2 months since I heard anything from Valley Enforcement and then last week my husband, who is the registered owner of the vehicle, received a letter from CCS Enforcement Agency requesting £130 by 18 March. I had to google the address on the back of the letter to find out who it was from as initially I thought it was from the British Parking Association. I'm going to ignore it but does anyone think it's worthwhile me contacting the BPA about this harrassment?

It's not worth the bother reporting them to the BPA. Over on MSE somebody reported Parking Eye and, guess what? according to the BPA they are whiter than white and have done nothing wrong. Get that name "CCS Enforcement Agency". They wouldn't be trying to fool people into thinking they are some sort of government department would they?

BPA are just trade association who look after their members (check their web pages - "The British Parking Association represents over 700 organisational members from the entire parking and traffic management sector")

Best thing you can do is spread the word as to what a massive legal con this is and point out just how many people get ripped off. The watchdog article on YouTube I mentioned above say it all really.

(Would someone who has over 20 posts on this forum please add the link so people can click the link please, I haven't posted enough to provide the link, thanks)

Fact - Most pay up and do not challenge this, I'm wiling to be this figure is in excess of 95% if the locals I've spoken to are anything to go by.

Edited by philbridges

BPA are just trade association who look after their members (check their web pages - "The British Parking Association represents over 700 organisational members from the entire parking and traffic management sector")

Best thing you can do is spread the word as to what a massive legal con this is and point out just how many people get ripped off. The watchdog article on YouTube I mentioned above say it all really.

(Would someone who has over 20 post on this forum please add the link so people can click the link please, I haven't posted enough to provide the link, thanks)

Fact - Most pay up and do not challenge this, I'm wiling to be this figure is in excess of 95% if the locals I've spoken to are anything to go by.

Here's a link to the last thread this was on, post #24.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?293400-OPC-Wolverhampton/page2

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

... Fact - Most pay up and do not challenge this, I'm wiling to bet this figure is in excess of 95% if the locals I've spoken to are anything to go by.

You lost the bet. According to BPA sources, only around 40% of private parking tickets are ever paid. Largely due to sites like this one, Pepipoo, MSE etc, more people are now realising that these fake tickets are just toilet paper.

Hence the increasing desperation of PPC's trolling the forums to try and muddy the waters.

You lost the bet. According to BPA sources, only around 40% of private parking tickets are ever paid. Largely due to sites like this one, Pepipoo, MSE etc, more people are now realising that these fake tickets are just toilet paper.

Hence the increasing desperation of PPC's trolling the forums to try and muddy the waters.

And don't forget Watchdog , The Times and Sunday Times. All have told people that PPC charges are unenforceable, and they don't have to pay them.

• 9 months later...

Hello all

I have recently had a similar problem and actually mine was also in Crawley, West Sussex. Paid for a ticket, blew off my dashboard, got a fine and wrote to them explaining that i had indeed paid for a ticket. I sent them the ticket i had purchased to appeal my case but alas i received a reply telling me regardless of the fact that i had a ticket, the fine was still being enforced. Just wanted to know that other people are ignoring these letters?!

thanks

laura