style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

So glad I found this site. Basically, I owe about 2K on an overdraft with Barclays. I lived and worked abroad for the last 10 years, and I retired to the Philippines after the the contract in Kuwait finished. Was having my salary and service pension paid into an account with Barclays.

After moving to the Philippines 5 years ago every thing was fine up to 1 year ago when the finicial crash happened and my overdraft started to build up.I wrote to Barclays to tell them I was having difficulty and that I could not pay. After sending 3 letters to get advise and help from Barclays had no reply. At the begining of last year had my service pension transferred to my account here in the Philippines.

Now Yesterday a debt collection company called me on the phone asking for payment of the outstanding debt. They also said a letter from NCO Europe was on the way to me..

I know it was wrong, but i have just ignored all this hoping it would just go away. I have been in Philippines for 5 years now.

So I am worried that they know I am in Philippines and my fear is that they will find me.

They asked me to send by email saying I lived abroad, and my outgoings per month. Do you think that they would chase me in Philippines for the debt?

1. Do I send an email as requested?

Please can anybody give me some advice on this one.

Thanks

miradav

Do you have a Barclays account where you are?

Read the rules about debts which are statute barred.

I suggest that you send no emails and provide no information until you have ascertained your position.

Don't deal with anyone on the phone.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, An update to the above have now recieved another letter from NCO Europe asking me to contact them asap, and had 2 phone calls of them.

1. Do I contact them or just simply ignore it?

With some other threads I have seen, they say just ignore them as it will probley cost more to get the money than the debt which is outstanding.

Also I believe that CCJ,s are not enforceable outside the EU, is this correct? As I live in the Philppines and have a residency visa.

Thks