Bailiff Refusing Installments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Got into difficulties with current years council tax due to unemployment. Bailiff attended and levied a visit fee of £24.50. he then appeared a second time baout a week later and charged £16. wrote out a walking possession order for the car (on finance) and stuck it through the door. Charged £68 for the WPO

I wrote off to the bailiff with the template letter, reminded him that you cant WPO a financed vehicle and surely i had to sign something as well?

Got my statement back to see that the visit fees were brought back into line with how they should be, and the £68 WPO fee removed.

They asked me for installments of £250 per week for 6 weeks. i stated that as i earn £105 per week and get £160 WTC and FTC that after deductions for rent, electric etc that they could have £40 per month. Sent a cheque for that amount back with the letter. They cashed the cheque and then stated that due to my financial circumstances that they would accept £125 per week instead.

The only shining light in my finances is that i can claim expenses on my travel mileage etc and that bring me in around an extra £50 per week

They have made two visits already and are threatening a third if i dont pay the first weeks installment by the end of the month.

any advice? they havent had access to the house and they have visitted twice already??

Typical expenses are:

650 pcm rent

£100 pcm electric

£200 pcm food

total income = £13780 pa, expenditure is £11400 pa, leaving me with £2380 to pay for car insurance, house insurance, phone bill etc, so i feel that my offer of £40pcm was generous. any further thoughts?

Meekle Vs CAPQuest (littlewoods) No CCA produced WON Total alledged debt written off

if you can pay installments, then contact the council and make an arrangement with them....stuff the bailiff and his fees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They can only charge for 2 visits.

Send this to the Council and ask them to accept a payment arrangement or atleast instruct the bailiffs to accept it

Typical expenses are:

650 pcm rent

£100 pcm electric

£200 pcm food

total income = £13780 pa, expenditure is £11400 pa, leaving me with £2380 to pay for car insurance, house insurance, phone bill etc, so i feel that my offer of £40pcm was generous. any further thoughts?