I live far from an exchange... :-(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any BT engineers here able to tell me if/when my line will be upgraded?

At the moment I get 1Mb at best. I see teh Government report "promises" 2MB "to everybody" by 2012. Was wondering if there's any hope for me....

My postcode is RG40 4HP

TIA.

Your exchange should be getting the 21cn installed anytime now.

SamKnows Broadband - BT Wholesale - 21CN Overview

I don't know what that'll do for speeds tho

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

BT announced they're going to use ADSL 2+, O2 and Be* already use ADSL 2+ which means you get faster speeds but with long lines sometimes a standard ADSL signal works out faster and more stable than ADSL 2+. Unfortuately there's no simple answer, only way to be sure is to see if the speed picks up.

• 2 weeks later...

21CN will most likely do nothing for you to be completely honest. If you are far from the exchange you will remain as such and it is only the old bt network that is getting upgraded. Not the copper phone line between you and the exchange. You will however get a boost in connection stability and speed if and it is a big "IF" the equipment in your exchange was damaged or in anyway was having an adverse effect on your connection.