Should I complain?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Whilst working for Barclays I applied for a Business Loan through Barclays to potentially buy a business.

The loan was declined due to who I was (an employee) although the application mentioned it should be looked as any other customer application.

My biggest complaint was the fact that the application stated that confidentiality was key as I worked on the business department, and I feel that this was not kept to.

One of the head sanctioners on the lending dept rang my boss and smugly said that I was going to be leaving his team. The part that annoyed me is that he only did this as he had a problem with this boss and wanted to get one over on him.

I had not fully committed to buy the business at this point but i felt let down that this happened and was questioned alot more about my actions and it made my working life difficult, in the end I had no choice other than to leave.

My question is would you complain and seek compensation due to my data protection being breached?

Thanks for reading.

Hi TJ,

This is an unusual case.

If you felt your position was so compromised that you had no option other than to leave, did you take this up with your union rep (or anyone else) to see if there was possibly a case for constructive dismissal.

This is not my area at all and I think the thread may get better advice in the Employment Problems forum, so I'll move it there for you.

You could also look in the Data Protection and Default forum and see if there's anything there that may help you - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi TJ,

This is an unusual case.

If you felt your position was so compromised that you had no option other than to leave, did you take this up with your union rep (or anyone else) to see if there was possibly a case for constructive dismissal.

This is not my area at all and I think the thread may get better advice in the Employment Problems forum, so I'll move it there for you.

You could also look in the Data Protection and Default forum and see if there's anything there that may help you - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/

:)

Many Thanks for your reply.

Whilst I was still at Barclays I spoke with HR who told me that this was a breach of my data protection, as I was applying as a customer not as an employee.

However, I was not part of the union but did speak with a few people who had been in the bank for many many years who said that the same as HR.

Please advice on what I should do next.

Many Thanks

Do you have any evidence that the breach took place?

I don't doubt your word but, if the head sanctioner and your boss were to deny that the exchange of information occurred, could you otherwise prove it?

Yes, the guy who put the application together has stated he would provide the info I needed.