Interest free problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a car last year which I belived to be on interest free credit. The saleman assured me that it was genuine and not catches. I recieved the paperwork and signed were all the colour sticky paper had indicated to sign. A fool I am did not read the paper work and as it has turned out I am paying about £2500 interest. I call them and but just had the phone put down on me. I know that I can do little about the credit agreement, but can I get something back from the original dealer and saleman who mislead me to start with. The are online interest free 4 cars . com. I do feel a fool for being taken in.

Only if you have evidence of what you say

I do have the invoice from them which is clear in that it has no hire purchace charges, amount is zero. The only other paper work is the credit agreement which I signed. Their on web was clear in that it was interest free, although the web has been updated it still advertising interest free. I was never at any time told or written too indicating that I had been turn down for interest free and would have to pay interest. The salemen lead me to belive that it was interest free otherwise I would have not bought the car. I have spoken to the govement help advice line. The have said to write to them and say it was misrepresentation.

Did you read this in their terms and conditions -

To obtain a car on interest free credit you require a high credit score;

Is you score high or low?

Did they ask if you knew what your score was at the initial enquiry?

I have to add, the above is mentioned in only one place and all the pages lead you to believe that all cars and finance are interest free. There is no 'could' be interest free, and lots of 'no catch' which isn't actually correct.

You say you have paperwork that shows 'no interest', is that what you relied on to sign up?

Edited by Conniff
Added further to post.

I had a look at the web site and its new and not the same as the one I original one! There was no mention of credit scores etc. The sales ask for all the detail on the phone, called back and said I was approved. He confirmed that there were no catches and it was a genuine Interest free deal. The paper work was sent with tabs stuck on the places to sign. This I did a fool that I am an sent them back. I have to say I should have know better. When I rang them I just had the phone slammed down on me! It been a year now that I have had the car. It was only that I recieved the statement for the year I realise that I had been stung! I am happy to take them to court but not really sure what to write to start with and how to word the letter.

Theres a couple of thigs wrong here! if you did not sign on the premises then they have to send you a copy of the agreement and you have 14 days to cancel. As you did not get a copy of the agreement then I would contest that the agreement is not valid on that basis alone. Are they in fact a liscensed credit broker at the time, liscensed by the council?

Paper work was sent which I signed, The Credit agreement was with GE captial and has now been transfered to Sandanter. It was over a year ago. I should have read it properly but failed to do so as I thought it was interest free and sign were the saleman mark the documents to be signed. What fooled me was the invoice for the car from them does not show the interest added to the price of the car. It had zero in the column mark for HP. My problem is that I have signed a credit agreement but have been stung into beliving that it was interest free. Like the web site says no catches.