Contemplating Bankruptcy

Dinkjames
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just need a little advice. I am currently considering going down the bankruptcy route as things are getting out of hand and it is all getting me down.

I was wondering. What happens to defaults that are registered with the CRA's when you go bankrupt? Do they change in status and also come off you credit record when you go into bankruptcy or will they remain for the six years from registration date?

I realise that bankruptcy will register on your file, but it may be easier to rebuilt your credit record after you have been discharged after a year than to try and rebuild it with 5 defaults sitting there for 6 years.

Thanks for any advice.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

i think the original defaults remain there,

they did with mine anyway

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)