LIMA - software used to decide how ill you are.

drone69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I`ve been doing a bit of searching trying to see how the bogus medical conducted by AtoS Origin works.

I found this report about how it

Welfare Rights Bulletin 189: The computer says no - electronic incapacity reports

Not surprising how they can declare someone fit to work when they are clearly unable to work. It even confirms that it does not have to be a Dr who carries out the assessment. It also points out how a single incorrect answer can effect the rest of the questions and answers that are asked. How messed up is this?

One of the advantages of the software is

`immediate access to information based on up-to-date medical information and opinion`

Which would be ok in my opinion, IF they actually had your GPs opinion. Or even contacted them in the first place. After all wouldn`t it be less expensive if they just paid the persons GP for their opinion on the persons ability to work. instead of the cost of so many apeals and tribunals.

After all these idiots are making life changing decisions based on an incomplete medical report. A bit like writing a report of a football match without even being there.

Edited by drone69
Missed a bit out.

Appeals president slams DWP and ATOS

Criticism was made of ATOS Healthcare medical practitioners who did not appear to pay sufficient attention to the appellant at the medical examination and who produced findings in medical reports based on observations that were inconsistent, or recorded in the medical report findings that were contradictory.’

Note - all posts are my opinion only, and no action should be taken on any advice given without consulting independant advice from a suitably qaulified advisor.

For some strange reason I am not surprised. The fact that this has been allowed to go on for so long with so much criticism just goes to show how wrong this entire system. And the fact that the powers that be don`t care about the number of apeals that reverse the AtoS assessment is no big surprise either. This entire system needs changing. So far the only changes that have been made are in the wrong direction.

i just read that link about the appeals, i cannot believe the injustice of it all. i am still giving the dwp hell and i wont be stopping. am now going after the decision makers (thanks ukbix) will post here what happens next.

The last 2 paragraphs of the appeals report say it all. Things can only get worse and they have.

@ruby tuesday Do you know who the decision makers are? Everyone in government appers to be an expert in passing the buck and ducking responsibity. I don`t mind e-mailing them or even sending letters untill they do something.

drone69 i am on the case to try and find out, i emailed the manager at the dwp office that deals with my claim and have asked, so as soon as i hear back from her i will post here, i think from what they once told me before that each of the dwp officed has their own decision maker, when i wrote for a reconsideration they told me the letter had been received and sent "downstairs" to the decision maker, i am considering going to the atos where my test was conducted and giving some advice to claimants on the way in, a peaceful protest, i wont give up, i am like a woman on a mission.

All I know is what you know, they have decision makers at each jobcentre who make the decisions on claims. They are not required to be medically qualified, and it is annoying they do not have to put their name to the decision,as it makes accountability much harder.

Note - all posts are my opinion only, and no action should be taken on any advice given without consulting independant advice from a suitably qaulified advisor.

They do have to put their name (or at the very least, their initials) to the decision, they have to sign it off. However, claimants have no right to the names of DM's. If a claimant is unhappy and wishes to hold account against someone, they hold account against the secretary of state, as DM's work on behalf of the secretary of state.

A DM cannot be sued by a claimant for a decision they have made - the department can be sued. However, if a court case is successful, and the DM did something in the course of their duties that was deliberately mallicious, or fraudulent, they will be disciplined by the department, including the termination of their employment. The department can in turn sue the former employee.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I found this information on the committee in parliament

Work and Pensions

Clerks: Mr James Rhys & Miss Emma Graham

Members: 11

Nominated: 11 July 2005

Committee enquiries: 020 7219 5833/5832

Link to Work and Pensions Committee internet pages

Mr Terry Rooney (Chairman)----------- Bradford North---------Labour

Miss Anne Begg -----------------------Aberdeen South------- Labour

Harry Cohen -------------------------- Leyton & Wanstead----Labour

Michael Jabez Foster-------------------Hastings & Rye---------Labour

Mr Mark Harper-------------------------Forest of Dean--------Conservative

Mr Oliver-------------------------------Heald North East Hertfordshire--- Conservative

John Howell---------------------------Henley----------------- Conservative

Mrs Joan Humble----------------------- Blackpool North & Fleetwood------Labour

Tom Levitt-----------------------------HighPeak---------------Labour

Greg Mulholland-------------------------Leeds North West------Liberal Democrat

Jenny Willott---------------------------Cardiff Centra---------- Liberal Democrat

I find it hard to believe they are not aware of the state things are in, but we are talking about MPs here so you never know. They don`t have any power to change anything themselfs. They do have the ability to get an answer from the minister in charge.

At the very least it is a start, though.

@ruby they would most likely try to have you arrested. In Manchester their office is buried inside other offices and they have a securty guard.

Edited by drone69
Formatting text.

They do have to put their name (or at the very least, their initials) to the decision, they have to sign it off. However, claimants have no right to the names of DM's. If a claimant is unhappy and wishes to hold account against someone, they hold account against the secretary of state, as DM's work on behalf of the secretary of state.

A DM cannot be sued by a claimant for a decision they have made - the department can be sued. However, if a court case is successful, and the DM did something in the course of their duties that was deliberately mallicious, or fraudulent, they will be disciplined by the department, including the termination of their employment. The department can in turn sue the former employee.

ErikaPNP i am going to write to the secretary of state then.

ErikaPNP i am going to write to the secretary of state then.

Contact details:

Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP

Secretary of State

Department for Work and Pensions

Caxton House

Tothill Road

London SW1H 9DA

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I would not hold out much hope of getting anywhere with someone that works for the dwp....

Try though, you never know....

@Ruby I will be watching this space.:)

While I`m here, got lots a form filling to do, on my report they got my age wrong!

How`s that for a medical report then.

There are a lot more errors in it. They make a really big issue about things that I was not asked. They also twist answers and even say `claims to have` in other parts.

I`ve now got more than enough, IMHO, to prove the the test was bogus. Got to get legal advice on this issue so can`t really go in to it much more.

I really wish I`d had the forsight to record the entire assessment.