Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks for wheels on white line of bay - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a Parking Charge Notice for £60 from Euro Car Parks which stated "Your vehicle was improperly parked to the inconvenience of other customers (Wheels at angle and on line next space too tight to park in). I had a valid ticket for 2 hours. The Parking Charge Notice was issued 3 mins after my 1st hour had expired. My wheels were on the line and the front wheel was at an angle marginally going into the next parking bay but we're talking no more than by 5cm. I spoke to the car parking warden who was near my car as at first I thought I had a ticket for being over the time and I went to show her there was more than 45 mins left to run. She then "explained" that the ticket was because one of my wheels had gone into the next bay and by doing so I had prevented other cars parking there as they would not have been able to open their door without hitting the bollard and that this had inconvienced lots of people as the car park was very busy. The bay next to my car was the end bay and has bollards on one side but even if my wheel had not been angled it would have made no difference - the bay is narrow and I think unless you had a small hatchback most people would not attempt it. In fact even if my wheels had been within the white line it would not have made enough difference for someone to park there. I was forced to park as I did because when I arrived the car in the bay next to me was right up to the white line and because just in the last week alone on one occasion my car has been dented by a car parked next to it and on another I've had to get in my car via the passenger door I was naturally cautious so parked to enable my daughter to get out of the car without damage to my car or the other car. Yes I should have straightened the wheels but we're talking 5cm difference! The parking warden said she 'waited to see if I came back' and when I didn't issued the ticket. I asked why she expected me to come back 'early' when I'd purchased a 2 hour ticket and she could offer no explanation. I asked how she could prove I had inconvenienced other drivers and she said because no one else could park there. Considering I was only there just over an hour I'm at a loss as to how much inconvenience I caused - surely one driver at 80p! She said she based her decision on the fact that she could not have got her Golf in there - I asked if she had tried and she said no. She told me if the car parking space was not big enough for my car (I drive a 4x4 because I was hit head on by an articulated lorry last year and wanted something more substantial for myself and my kids) then I should not have parked in that space. She also said if I needed 2 spaces I should have paid for 2. She says she has taken photos as proof. I have also taken photos and I also photographed several other cars who had parked over the lines - none of whom had been give tickets. I then overheard her telling another driver 'that if I couldn't park my big car properly then maybe I shouldn't be driving it'!! So my question is this - I've scoured the threads and can't see anything similar - am I really liable for this £60 charge because of my wheel being just over the white line of my bay? She said it stated it on the sign where you purchase the tickets but the wording there is 'Failure to park in a marked bay'. I argued I was in a marked bay and she said you were in 2 therefore you should have paid for 2 lots of parking. It doesn't say anything on the sign about being over the white lines. She did say the wording was different in her guidelines which of course is surely irrelevant? I've seen on these threads about not responding and drivers/registered keepers but having got into a 'discussion' with her I had admitted to being the driver (I am the RK). I therefore think I need to appeal but would appreciate some advice. Surely a £60 charge for the potential loss (which they cannot prove) of at maximum £1.60 of income is disproportionate to the actual contravention.

As you have said, they cant prove a loss, so would not be able to issue never mind win. Also as you have said - just ignore, ignore, and ignore again. All the attendant knows is that she spoke to a female - she does not know you are the R/K - the vehicle may be your mothers.

Cheers - Scousegeezerr.

You are taking this far too seriously, you have an invoice from a private company, not a fine from a lawful authority.

Just ignore the clowns,

DO NOT CONTACT THEM.

Appealing is a waste of YOUR time and money.

regards

Edited by letshelp
forgot a point

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Remember, this is NOT a fine!

It is an unenforcible [problem] invoice.

Don't answer any letters from them.

You will receive a few letters from them, each one threatening more dire consequences.

You may then receive a letter from a "debt collection agency". (This is sent by someone at the next desk).

If you are REALLY lucky, you might get a letter from a "solicitor". They get the office cleaner or tea boy to write that).

Don't reply to any letters.

Don't phone them.

Don't email them.

In short, just IGNORE.

Eventually, they'll get fed up and chase some other victim who is more easily frightened into paying the [problem].

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....