Making me work outside of my availability

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when I went for my job interview I was asked if I had any problems working particular days I stated to the manager and assistant manager that I could not work every other weekend due to other commitments Typically when I started the rota's where wrong and I managed to reshuffle and worked the first month of weekends as a favour.then I went on holiday and they fixed the rotas They have now started putting me in every weekend. This weekend I told them when the rota went up that I was not available as it was my weekend off as agreed I was told I had to work it. I didn't turn up as this was outside of the availability and I already had other plans including train tickets and a course booked and I had not agreed to working the weekend. My Manager is angry and feels I should have come to work despite me telling him i wouldn't be available .. do I have any rights do I need to start working days I have told them I am not available?

I have to say that it all depends on your conytract of work. Have they given you one, did you sign it after reading it - or did you just sign. Also remind them of the information you gave them at your interview, that you can woprk alternate weekends. The other thing is , what did the advert say about hours days, unsocial hours etc. Without this info cant help any further.

Cheers - Scousegeezer.

I transfered within the company to a new role and new location after being made redundant I haven't signed or seen a new contract (my old one says maximum at 40 hours and to work days as the business demands). I've also gone from 40 to 30 hours. I asked a colleague who is a manager at another branch and apparently they have to give me 28 days notice to request I change my availability. After seeing my colleague in the other branch it looks like I will be going there to work mon - fri in another role so I guess that gives me 28 days from my disciplinary hearing (that I'm sure they will send me to due to me not attending work today) that I'm guessing now will be thrown out to move to the other location and role.

IMHO, as you have been made redundant - and then re-emplyed so to speak, they should give you a new contract; to cover your new role. That's one thing in your favour to point out at any disciplinary investigation meeting/ hearing. I would ask for a new contract to be issued- especially as you have now had your hours reduced. Make sure you check it before you sign it and also point out that you discussed your availability at the interview for your new role. Are you a union member, speak to your rep.

Good luck - Scousegeezer.

Went to work today nothing was said about my "failure to turn up to work" at the weekend tho I have told them about the possibility of me relocating back to my original place of work. Also consulted the staff handbook which states I must change my availability within 28 days of the written request .. so guess that solves that issue!