Constant Phone Calls!!!!

slowmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently I have asked for my original credit agreements for a loan and and credit card I took out almost 4/5 yrs ago. I have reason to believe that they are not correct. It's been over 2 weeks now and I haven't recieved anything. They are phoning my from 8 in the morning to 9 at night and threatening me with debt collection, bad credit, interest charges and saying the phone calls will continue. Any advise as it's starting to get on top of me....

Have you sent the standard template harrassment letters and asked them to only communicate in writing?

Will add link in a sec...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/52-harassment

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Refuse to answer security questions for starters...;)

Yep, I did that Mr T and then CitiBank and Egg just didn't bother asking me any security questions at all!! :mad:

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

PRINT NAME DO NOT SIGN

I also (maybe surprisingly) got some joy from my mobile phone company. I said I was receiving abusive, threatening calls which were making me upset and people were threatening to come to my house.

They reported it to someone and seemed to take it very seriously and the calls stopped within a day. Maybe I am an unusal success story, but maybe complaining to who actually provides your service will gvie you quick relief.