UKPC Parking Charge - Debt Recovery Stage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I've been reading posts on this site for the last couple of weeks and need a bit of advice if anyone can help.

I received a parking charge through the post for 'vehicle parked out of marked bay' and after reading the comments on this site have ignored it until the debt recovery letter, to which I posted off a template letter from this site stating the alleged debt is in dispute and that I have written to their client and they have failed to substantiate their claim.

I have now received a letter back from them saying they have never received any correspondence from me and asking if I could send a copy of the letter to them so that they can look into it for me.

Do I send them a letter or just ignore? Not sure what to do now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would take you all of 5 minutes to use one of Bernie's templates to provide them with a "copy" of the original letter sent.

But I agree with the above ignore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, today i've received yet another letter from Debt Recovery Plus, this time with the header 'notice of intended litigation'.

It's not Debt Recovery's alleged debt, so how can they litigate?

Debt collectors are actually completely powerless. They rely on sending letters full of lies to trick people into paying.

Just to keep you updated, I've received another letter today saying that they are going to pass it back to their client and recommend they start court proceedings. But if I pay within 7 days I can pay at a reduced rate! Reckon this is the start of the begging letters eh!

I think everybody on here will tell you to stick to your guns because your husband wasn't actually driving and it is up to them to prove that he was. You can see how many people would cave in to the scary official letters, but the advice on this site has been invaluable and if you hold tight, they'll eventually give up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Today I received a letter from Parking Collection Services Limited, informing me that the debt owed to UKPC has been purchased by them and that we can pay a discounted rate if paid within 10 days. They state that it is their intention to collect and pursue this debt to a legal conclusion if necessary.

Anybody heard of this company? Can they actually purchase a debt from UKPC? Any help appreciated (I haven't heard anything for 5 months).

yep a new crowd on the block claiming their buying up parking tickets,, errr [problem] invoice's , another thread on the forum about these new [problematic] with info about them , they wont last long a load of chancers

you did not owe a debt to first lot so you owe nothing to this lot

IGNORE

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

they are sending out alot of these. they have bought a job lot of names and addresses from UKPC - or are UKPC just using the name. Makes no matter there was no credit agrrement and no court judgment so there was no debt to buy. they lied to try to get people to pay up. so still playing the PPC game. hope they didn't spend too much for their sucker list :)

• 3 months later...

Just look at the bottom of the Parking Collection Services latter:

Parking Collection Services Ltd is a trading name of Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

Registered office and VAT and Co Reg address all the same as DRP as well.

The print is tiny and very thin so it sort of gets lost.

I look forward to the thump of letters now to see what rubbish I'll get from them this week. So far I've had the original final reminder for £90, 3 letters from Debt Recovery Plus with figures up to £253.75 with offers to pay of £148.75, then £119 and now one from PCS Ltd. Their 'debt' is £148.75 but have kindly offered to let me pay them £89.99 as they 'bought the debt' cheap...

Its getting cheaper than the original fine! :lol:

Fine what fine you never had one in the first place :D

just keep IGNORING them

Edited by kiptower
typo

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html